Nugget Shooter Forums

rivers can be dangerous

Jim,

I just drove back from Colorado Mountains.....Rivers are extremely high and fast (also very muddy) because of record snowfall in the Mts.......the many raft companyies are very busy, the sad part is many of their staff are not qualified or up to the task of keeping people safe under these conditions.

As my dad said as a safty officer in the Airforce.....a lot of small accidents (close calls) build up to major one sooner or latter.

With that much water moving its changing the river and moving boulders around, people just don't always see the risks.

AS THIS IS A GOLD FORUM THE + IS: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The GOOD POINT is in gold country its moving the GOLD around, for us to find more..... :thumbsupanim

wonderer

:*&$*(: And the carnage continues-TRINITY RIVER IN CA IS SWIFT AND DANGEROUS. Two idjets tried to cross the river ,now get this, by climbing on a log and paddling across yesterday. A few bits a clothes were found and them crawdads jus' a munching on the rest. Please tell tourists(newbies too) to make sure brain is in gear before entering the water this year as here in N.Calif they are high High HIGH!!!!tons a au 2 u 2 -John :tisk-tisk:

Well John,

At least it thinning the gene pool out in California alittle :hmmmmm: .

And if there California treehuggers, it comes full circle :zip-lip: they gave back to nature ;) .

wonderer

Well John,

At least it thinning the gene pool out alittle :hmmmmm: .

And if there treehuggers, it comes full circle :zip-lip: they gave back to nature ;) .

wonderer

Yeah if ? they were tree huggers. but the iccendent was, I think a group of kids on a group outing. one was killed by the boulder the other was being sent home by bus and grief counslers were being made available to them all.

Jim Gilmore,

Jim I apolygise, my flipant remark was about Johns post in California......not yours...... it was in bad taste either way.

wonderer

My daughter and son in law returned last week from 4 day trip to the Kern river. Lady at Frandys

campground said that three people had drowned the previous week..se cautious out there..

They don't call it the Killer Kern for nothing. Extremely cold and swift because of the darn dam releases. Any river with a dam is extremely dangerous as natural flows are gone and insane releases wash away equipment and feed ya to the crawdads but hay they gotta eat too-John :inocent:

After reading all the post above...all good advise and it takes a real man to apoligize...

I now have more to worry about...let's see now...swift deep water...muddy water...here under

the equator don't have to worry about cold water...crawdads...idgets doing dumb things...

yep we have them here too...also stingrays in the rivers...Piranhas...crocs...dog fish...

parasites that enter your body in any opening...and if your floating a lazy river don't let

your fingers (or anything else)trail in the water...

post-300-127712908123_thumb.jpg