Nugget Shooter Forums

Which Sierra Goldmax coil?

4cornersjim

I've had a Whites GMT for several years and just picked up a like new GM3 with both a GM3 mono coil and a Goldmaster dd coil. What Sierra Goldmax coil will match up with these machines the best, the white mono coil or the black dd coil? I get out mostly in the Four Corners area, southern NM and south central AZ. Thanks for your help.

Aloha,

I installed my black DD coil about 2 years ago and have never looked at the stock coil since then. Well, maybe just to make sure it is still in the closet!arrowheadsmiley.png

It took me several tries to get used to the sensitivity BUT once you retrain your ears to the "new" sounds of the honker coil BOOYAH!!!!party-smiley-027[1].gif

I have never seen a sierra goldmax in the mono coil so I cant comment on that one. Good luck in your search.

Aloha and be safe out there.

Stan aka Kaimi

Aloha,

I installed my black DD coil about 2 years ago and have never looked at the stock coil since then. Well, maybe just to make sure it is still in the closet!arrowheadsmiley.png

It took me several tries to get used to the sensitivity BUT once you retrain your ears to the "new" sounds of the honker coil BOOYAH!!!!party-smiley-027[1].gif

I have never seen a sierra goldmax in the mono coil so I cant comment on that one. Good luck in your search.

Aloha and be safe out there.

Stan aka Kaimi

Which size is the black DD coil ?

Jim, hes refering to the sierra gold max coil it is the larger than stock factory size, a bit heavier also.

Google the whites site and look at accessories or on the jimmy sierra website too for specifics.

Jim, hes refering to the sierra gold max coil it is the larger than stock factory size, a bit heavier also.

Google the whites site and look at accessories or on the jimmy sierra website too for specifics.

Not sure I found the correct info. But Is this a new product I need to have ?

There is no such thing as a Mono coil for a VLF detector such as the White's Goldmasters. There are concentric and double D coils only. A mono coil is only used on the antique BFO and the pulse induction detectors. All the early Goldmaster coils were concentric. The original Jimmy Sierra Gold Max coil was just a larger concentric coil. The newer Black Sierra Gold max coil is double D. All the coils work ok in most cases. The double D handles the more mineralized ground better. All coils that fit the Goldmaster II, GMvSat, GM3, GM4, GMT, and GMZ are interchangeable.

RSJ

There is no such thing as a Mono coil for a VLF detector such as the White's Goldmasters. There are concentric and double D coils only. A mono coil is only used on the antique BFO and the pulse induction detectors. All the early Goldmaster coils were concentric. The Jimmy Sierra Gold Max coil is just a larger concentric coil. They work ok in most cases. The double D handles the more mineralized ground better. All coils that fit the Goldmaster II, GMvSat, GM3, GM4, GMT, and GMZ are interchangeable.

RSJ

Cheers,

it will be interesting to see/hear how a concentric coil will perform for a GMT. I will keep an eye out for a shooter version of one especially. I had read they made one like that.

Cheers,

it will be interesting to see/hear how a concentric coil will perform for a GMT. I will keep an eye out for a shooter version of one especially. I had read they made one like that.

All the small shooter coils are double D.

RSJ

Archived