Nugget Shooter Forums

Meteorite Hunting & Collecting Magazine

Since 2007 I've been studying meteorites 24/7. Well almost 24/7, people have to sleep sometime. Just in the last 3 years I've spent over 8760 hours pouring over scientific papers, online and offline publications, books, encyclopedias, and web databases learning everything I possible can about meteorites, meteorite falls, and related astronomical science. Ever since my first meteorite was given to me by my girlfriend for my birthday in '07 I've been enthralled, intrigued and some would say obsessed with rocks from space. In light of my love, admiration and fascination with meteorites I've been working on a project that will hopefully capture the imagination of and excite all meteorite enthusiasts.

I’m proud to announce and invite you to take part in the premier of the Meteorite Hunting & Collecting Magazine. This meteorite related magazine is a bi-monthly print magazine focusing on the adventure and fun of meteorites, the joy of meteorite collecting, and the science behind it all! http://www.meteoritesusa.com/meteorite-hunting/

Please consider this a personal invitation from me to visit the Meteorite Hunting & Collecting Magazine info page for subscription information and more about this great new magazine, produced by meteorite people for meteorite people. Premier Issue Ships JULY!

Thank you all for all your support and interest.

Regards,

Eric

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

UPDATE: The Digital Edition is LIVE online! Read The Digital Edition To view the online version send me a private message or email and I'll send you the password. If you like it, please feel free to SUBSCRIBE and leave a comment. mention this post, and get 10% off your subscription.

Feedback on the mag is welcomed and encouraged.

(note: people who subscribe after July 31st will start their subscription with the September issue; You can still enjoy July's premiere online through our Digital Edition)

POST YOUR EVENTS: Meteorite hunting season is coming up FAST. If you have an hunt, event or outing planned please let me know. I'm setting up an events section in the September issue of the magazine and am hoping to include some public events for our new hunter/subscribers. Also, your event will be in the Print Edition as well as the Digital Edition. This gives you lots more exposure than the print version letting more people know that might want to attend.

Thanks everyone.

Regards,

Eric

I was one of the "wait and see" people and hadn't subscribed yet. But after seeing the FIRST CLASS job Eric has done with the digital version , I knew that this magazine was a must have for me. I just subscribed and can't wait for my first issue in September:

"The September issue is underway and is focused on meteorite impact

structures, craters, and strewnfields. There will also "hopefully" be

some information on using radar data and fireball videos in the tracking

and hunting of meteorites from their entry into our atmosphere all the

way to mapping the distribution of material on the ground."

GREAT Job Eric!!!!

Thanks for the post, and the kind words Dale.

I've received many private emails from lots of people within the community and I'm flattered and humbled by the outpouring of support.

If you haven't yet seen the magazine yet. Please feel free to take a look here:

Free Preview Premiere Issue Digital Preview: http://www.mhcmagazine.com/current-issue/july-2010/ (email for password)

Thank you all for your support and encouragement!

Regards,

Eric