Nugget Shooter Forums

Water conditions

wjbell

Hey guys, back for another season of prospecting. With all the late spring storms I hear the rivers are pretty high and cold (American, S.Yuba) Anyone in my area (sacramento) been out yet? First I was waiting for the storms to clear out now I'm wondering what the water levels are. I'm thinking of going out to Edwards crossing Fri but I wanted to see if I could get some info first on conditions.

:thumbsupanim Water levels HIGH :inocent: SWIFT :whoope: and dirty :grr01: just how I like my women!!!!!John :ROFL:

Heheh, thanks. Good for women, bad for prospecting! ;)

For anyone who's interested I went out to the Bear and N fork American rivers yesterday to see what the water looked like. Kind of test run for the start of the season. I'll probably be going to the S Yuba this year too but I'm about 40-50 min from Colfax. Closer and I'm guessing all the rivers are pretty similar in levels. Both rivers are high, fast and cold, but the American is really fast and ice cold.

I did a video showing the rivers and did a little digging.