Nugget Shooter Forums

Memorial Day has a special meaning for me. It was the day I got to live, It was May 31st 1968 that me and my platoon Sgt John Henthorn were wounded in Viet Nam. For about 30 years I didn't know if he had lived or not, and after alot of searching I found his mother and found out that he was still alive, but 100% disabled.. After being wounded I was sent to the field hospital in Da Nang and from there to the hospital ship USS Sanctuary and for the final healing process on to Guam (by mistake)which was a Naval hospital full of Marines.( I was Army) took a couple of months and then finally was sent back to the states and didn't have to go back to Nam. There was 3 of us from home that went in and I was the only one to return.

So this Memorial Day I will be celebrating my 42nd year of surviving the Viet Nam conflict.

And to the rest of you survivors and all veterans, "I salute you".

Allen in MT

God Bless you Allen, and thank you for sharing your story! :thumbsupanim Peace be with you Brother. Terry Soloman 1/41 FA US Army, 1973-'76

Memorial Day has a special meaning for me. It was the day I got to live, It was May 31st 1968 that me and my platoon Sgt John Henthorn were wounded in Viet Nam. For about 30 years I didn't know if he had lived or not, and after alot of searching I found his mother and found out that he was still alive, but 100% disabled.. After being wounded I was sent to the field hospital in Da Nang and from there to the hospital ship USS Sanctuary and for the final healing process on to Guam (by mistake)which was a Naval hospital full of Marines.( I was Army) took a couple of months and then finally was sent back to the states and didn't have to go back to Nam. There was 3 of us from home that went in and I was the only one to return.

So this Memorial Day I will be celebrating my 42nd year of surviving the Viet Nam conflict.

And to the rest of you survivors and all veterans, "I salute you".

Allen in MT

Thank you, Allen, and your friend, too...You guys who went there and did it deserve our undying gratitude and thanks ... Cheers, Unc

I'll never forget the circumsance during the time I served, I could right a book.....to many good people lost, some of which I had fist fights with and later became friends.....that never came home! Thank God my Dad came back from WWII or I wouldn't be here.

Cheers and a Beer to the Vets past and present :thumbsupanim

Gary

A Special Thanks to all my fellow Veterans for all your blood sweat and tears, I appriciate all your service and sacrifices that you and your families have gone through. Words can not express the gratitude that all the World should show the American Fighting Men and Women for the freedoms that many of them would not have if we had not stepped forward to defend our Country. We the American Soldiers, Sailors, Airforce, Marines, Coastgaurd and Merchant Marines have provided comfort, shelter food, clothing and medical assistance to so many locations while at the same time defending American shores from our enemies. God Bless each and every one of you.

Very Respectfully

RANGERMG

Tim

Thanks to all for having the courage to fight for other peoples freedom. You all are very appreciated. I have never been in the military but have the GREAT HONOR to be a part of group that builds and tests new safer solutions to keep our troops safe and get them back home with their families. I work very close with the military everyday and look up to everyone that i meet. Thank you all, Dan.