Nugget Shooter Forums

Franconia anyone?

Aloha everyone,

Well the weather is starting to warm up a bit and its time to head out to Franconia once again. Got weekends off and just checking to see if I will be out there alone or if anyone is planning on being out there soon.confused0083[1].gif

I will usually just head out for a day trip but could stand staying overnight in my jeep if necessary.confused0082[1].gif

Aloha and be safe this summer.

Stan aka Kaimi

Hi Stan,

My son and I would be interested in carpooling with you to Franconia. Of course, we would all share gas and other expenses.

Looks like the Saturday will be the best day to go.... sunny and 89 degrees. Sunday - Sunny and hot, with a high near 96.

I was wondering, is a quad required at Franconia?

Please PM me and I will send you my phone#.

Dale R.

Did any of you guys make a trip to Franconia ???

Hey Frank its Jimmy we met a while back at Gold Basin. Anyways the wife and I are going to drive up to Franconia. Were going to leave Tucson around noon this Saturday camp out and hunt Sunday as soon as the sun comes up. Will probably stay until it gets to hot then we have to go up to Hurricane Utah to drop off a trailer.

Talk with you later,

Jimmy

Aloha,

Yep, I made it out to Franconia for a day trip then headed straight to Encino for two day to help my "Sister" at the convent there. Looks like she will be going to Taiwan next month for five weeks to help with some language classes at their convent in taiwan. It is soooo funny watching a white girl speak chinese fluently when we order chinese food at a resturant that I have a hard time keeping s straight face.rolleyes.gif

BTW, I found three pieces totalling 623 grams in a small area that I usually frequent. Looks like that area had some heavy rains and the area was really changed so I decided to hit it. Lucky I did! Will take some pics later and maybe post them.

I may end up going again this sunday so who knows, I may run into Jimmy C.

Keep an eye out for my blue jeep with the black top guys.

Aloha and be safe and cool,

Stan aka Kaimi

STAN,

Wish I could have met up with you nice haul you made. Lets see what them ol hotrocks look like post it kid.

Jimmy, I would make a drive there this weekend but we have plans to go to Presscot.

DDDAAAMMMMM, I'M missin all the fun lately. Gotta do a hunt its been awhile for me.

Hey Stan, we will keep an eye out for you! Will you be hunting on the north or south side of the highway? We were thinking the south side in hopes to find a left over biggie :ROFL: but its still up in the air. I'll be driving a white F-350 crew cab with a white toy hauler behind it. We won't have any atv's with us and I don't think the rig will make it on the north side with the toy hauler so we will have to play it by ear. If you like give me a ring on my cell when your there and we'll hunt you down 623-910-9583

Hey there Frank, sorry you can't make it maybe we can try again in a couple weeks. You ever make it over to Glorietta? I've never been but wouldn't mind doing a weekend camping trip over there. Let me know.

Take care,

Jimmy

Me, my son Jason, and my friend Rick will be heading to Franconia this Saturday. We're taking advantage of the unseasonably cool temps...by cool I mean 90 degrees. :arrowheadsmiley:

Since this will be our first outing to Franconia, does anyone have any suggestions as to the best places to hunt? South or North of the freeway? Is it possible to drive over the RR tracks to get to the north side, or will we have to hike? Any suggestions are appreciated. Please email me privately. :thumbsupanim B)

Anybody else gonna be out there?

Dale, Sent you an e-mail I'm thinking the same my knees are needing a work out and the weather seems fine for it.

Uncle Marvin was just sayin yesterday over the morning coffee, " Frank ol buddy I gettin tired of just hangin around with Mr. Hamms I need a Gamma Ray Fix". So I suggested he go south this trip instead of his usual magnetic north course. He said he'd think about that. :cigar:

post-562-127622350226_thumb.jpg

Thank You Frank C. for your hospitality last Saturday at Franconia!!! Your experience and help made our trip very enjoyable! B)

No, we didn't find any space rocks, but we did learn quite a bit about Franconia. Next time we go, were gonna bring some quads and go further north of the RR tracks. We also really enjoyed the south side, and each of us found a few 50 caliber bullets....almost as good as a meteorite. ;) :arrowheadsmiley:

Thanks again! :)

Enjoyed your company and also meeting Russ Ford and Denny H.

The early sprinkles of rain were great there but it sure got warm around noontime.

That north side is alot tougher to hunt than the south actually we hit it in reverse. We should have been there at dawn for a few hours and then gone to the south as the day warmed up easier ground to walk.

Glad your crew enjoyed themselves there.

Thanks for introducing me to Capriotti's that will be a must stop when we go to Vegas.