Nugget Shooter Forums

Sweeping cracks & crevises

NICE GOLD Allen. It looks kind of RED? Is that some kind of colichi attached to it or just the pic? Nice either way though. I love cleaning out cracks and cleaning off bedrock. I have some awsome spots here in Nevada we go and clean off.

Yep! If there is gold in the area, that's the place you will find it.

I've spent many of hours on my hands and knees, Hell laying down with a paint brush, wire picks and other kitchen items cleaning out the cracks.

One guy called me BONKERS until I panned out the takes.

I did better then he did in the same time with a sluice, busting his butt.

:thumbsupanim

Yep those cracks can have some nice gold. Went and cleaned one out with a buddy a couple weekends ago. Total for one crack was 3.6 grams of pickers and about another gram in fines. Largest piece was 0.9 grams. :thumbsupanim

NICE GOLD Allen. It looks kind of RED? Is that some kind of colichi attached to it or just the pic? Nice either way though. I love cleaning out cracks and cleaning off bedrock. I have some awsome spots here in Nevada we go and clean off.

that was just the way the lighting played on the pan. there was a little red stain with it but all black sand and gold

Allen

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone actually break the cracks and crevices open?

You bet. A single jack, wedge, and crow bar do a great job! :brows:

Use the single jack to smack along side the crack, about 3 or 4 inches away, and go for about a foot. That'll pre stress the rock and even crack it. Use the single jack, wedge, and crow bar to open it up.