Nugget Shooter Forums

The political and off topic posts

I thought the Politic and off topic board/sub-forum had been deleted/removed by Admin/owner.

As much as I like to trash talk politics I'll Respect the Owners wishes.

Here is a place to go the Views forum @ Finds Treasure Forum.

Yeah Chris that crap seems to be creeping in and building up here, maybe we're gonna need that honey wagon in the picture to clean up this area. :hahaha:

Its quite sad that you would think that way.

Here is a list of topics that have had nothing to do with prospecting, that are just on the first page:

NAVY SEAL MCCABE....

Happy Birthday....

BIRTHDAY BOYS....

Oh! My banging head

Gun Value Websites

morals

Another Obstacle On The Horizon

Petition to stop another California Desert Protection Act!

These have been initially posted and added to, by many members. It would seem as if the majority of the membership is guilty of posting "crap" as you call it... :tisk-tisk:

Perhaps, just perhaps someone should instigate a poll on just what sections are wanted. Or what kind of "crap", should be allowed.

It wasn't that long ago the Political Forum was shut down, everyone warned not to talk politics again unless it was directly related to a prospecting or mining topic, new rules. Off topic politics has popped up several times and the last one is up to 4 pages now and on the main forum. Nothing has been done to uphold the new rules. Rules are only as good as their enforcement and there isn't any. All that has been proved since the big crackdown and new rules is that a lot of the ones that said they would follow the new rules are liars.

Best thing to do is start an Open Forum and let it be a free for all. If somebody gets their feelings hurt tell them to man up and not to run to Daddy for help. Then all you have to do if it is off topic for any of the other forums is move it to the Open Forum. There is one local AZ gold prospecting forum that does this and it works very well. I rant there on a regular basis and it's great.

I added this and the second paragraph as a possible solution because I thought HighPlainsSifter made a very good point with his post.

It wasn't that long ago the Political Forum was shut down, everyone warned not to talk politics again unless it was directly related to a prospecting or mining topic, new rules. Off topic politics has popped up several times and the last one is up to 4 pages now and on the main forum. Nothing has been done to uphold the new rules. Rules are only as good as their enforcement and there isn't any. All that has been proved since the big crackdown and new rules is that a lot of the ones that said they would follow the new rules are liars.

My solution to the political threads? I just don't read 'em. There's enough other good stuff posted to satisfy me.

Perhaps, just perhaps someone should instigate a poll on just what sections are wanted. Or what kind of "crap", should be allowed
. Perhaps you should start your own forum then you can post whatever kind of crap you want.

Rich

. Perhaps you should start your own forum then you can post whatever kind of crap you want.

Rich

Please note I did not start any of these threads labeled "crap". I myself have only added to the layer of "crap" that your friends have initally started. But then again, I have always noticed that you were much better at that than I am. :hahaha:

Best thing to do is start an Open Forum and let it be a free for all. If somebody gets their feelings hurt tell them to man up and not to run to Daddy for help. Then all you have to do if it is off topic for any of the other forums is move it to the Open Forum.

I added this suggestion of a possible solution because I thought HighPlainsSifter made a very good point with his post.

Gee, I am sorry John Oates, I appreciate the thread you posted (that is now 4 pages) and I would never call you a liar. But then again, I am sure no one on this forum would.....to your face.

Being new to the forum i did not know that. But if you think about it, the one from this morn. stating " Another obstacle on the horizon" is pretty much related to US the prospector. Because the 2nd amendment is the strongest one there seems to be, and if that gets taken away, what one do you think is next? Prospecting and mining. Just a thought. But i will follow the wishes of everyone and not comment on the "Political" ones anymore.

Seems like everyone enjoys the political forums. There is a lot of participation by all the old guard here. More participation than the same old stuff.

You dont have to get all wrapped up in it if you don't want to. Just a click of the finger and it is gone so I really dont see the problem.

All is just fine until someone says something that another does not like and then the usual suspects begin the beat. The only real issue to anyone here is that they realize that everyone does not agree with the far right philosophy and get testy about it. The only ones that are offended are the ones that cant have a monopoly on their ideals and have to listen to another's point of view.

I think it is a hoot to prove to them that they cant make me tuck my tail between my legs and accept their bullying. If they would not get personal and insulting it certainly would not go that way, but since one certain person cannot help but attack individuals then that is the way it goes. You either have to put up with his crap or not. Since no one will rein in his crap I have decided not to put up with it.

It is a choice to fight just like it is a choice to ignore it. I will be nice and politely state my opinion, but when I am singled out and bashed personaly for my views the gloves come off. I realize that the peer group accepts this talk of racism and violence but I simply dont have to do that. If I stand by and play nice and allow it to slide by I am complicit.

I wont stand for anyone spreading hate, violence or racism in my back yard. When people who have written such horrible racist themes on this forum begin their same old crap I will fight it even if no one else will. Even at the risk of being banned. If you fellows will stand for this, or support this then that is your choice too.

If anyone thinks that the racism and hate dissappears when the political topics are not discussed they are like the see no evil monkey. If it pleases you to keep company with people who would promote this then that is fine too. Suggesting a strategy that would tear this country apart seems to be much more acceptable (and recreational) than the suggestion of realistic solutions.

If you all are offended that I called a spade a spade (pun intended) then swing the axe. I am not about to stand by complacently and allow this to go by without comment simply to be accepted. That is the cowards way. If I am banned it will be becasue I disagreed with a person who was advocating racial violence by our military on unarmed people. As far as I can see this is the only point that I have disagreed with anyone on. I am proud of my beliefs, I am confident that my position is the right one and I am not at all ashamed at calling a racist a racist.

I am not the least bit ashamed that all of you big men could be so very offended at me referring to the caucasion race as "white boys" either. Talk about extreme sensitivuty to political correctness. You seem to have no problem referring to Latinos as Mexicans and Mexcians and Beaners and Mexcian children as "rats" but call you "white boys" and the threats roll out! :yuk-yuk:

I have been quiet on this crap since being

censored and edited ,for a true statement on a

real prospecting issue in the prospecting forum.

I got censored for re-stating what a member had

stated about his self in previous threads. He

claimed to be a card carrying member of the Sierra

Club,and was proud of it.

I never had an illegal alien tell me I could not

prospect,or cause any problems with my rights to

use the public land,but it seems this kind of political

crap is sanctioned . We are just not allowed to tell

the truth about real gold related issues,or the people

that cause them.

The Sierra Club and their cronies in the other green

groups ,are a serious threat,to our hobby,and use of

public land period. I got accused of being political

in a thread that dealt with mining politics.

I thought it was a little strange how Skip edited

my post,and then let this other crap blow by. That

is why I will no longer volunteer any information

on this forum.

Best thing to do is start an Open Forum and let it be a free for all. If somebody gets their feelings hurt tell them to man up and not to run to Daddy for help. Then all you have to do if it is off topic for any of the other forums is move it to the Open Forum. There is one local AZ gold prospecting forum that does this and it works very well. I rant there on a regular basis and it's great.

You know we had just that. But certain peope decided to bash others wives, make threats and accusations, and generally run amuck. When I decided to put a stop to it guess who ran to Daddy?

I started out very courteous but soon realized it was a free for all. Whenver we would point out that a post was below the belt and way out of line they would reply, "If you cant stand the heat stay out of the kitchen" and "Sensitive types should avoid this forum". But just as soon as the shoe was on the other foot they cried foul and ran to Daddy.

Now Daddy says I cant fight with them anymore lest I be punished. They still can get by with their crap though. So Daddy just lost control of the situation.

I have been quiet on this crap since being

censored and edited ,for a true statement on a

real prospecting issue in the prospecting forum.

I got censored for re-stating what a member had

stated about his self in previous threads. He

claimed to be a card carrying member of the Sierra

Club,and was proud of it.

I never had an illegal alien tell me I could not

prospect,or cause any problems with my rights to

use the public land,but it seems this kind of political

crap is sanctioned . We are just not allowed to tell

the truth about real gold related issues,or the people

that cause them.

The Sierra Club and their cronies in the other green

groups ,are a serious threat,to our hobby,and use of

public land period. I got accused of being political

in a thread that dealt with mining politics.

I thought it was a little strange how Skip edited

my post,and then let this other crap blow by. That

is why I will no longer volunteer any information

on this forum.

I did not say that Sawmill. I suggested five different groups to garner support for the dredge ban cause and the Sierra CLub was one (the ringer). Instead of focus on the fact that we COULD get outside support, you all hung on my Sierra Club suggestion. I explained that I liked to hike with teh Sierra Club and that a lot of fellows were pro prospecting. My point was totally ignored and it spun into making me out to be the "evil liberal" which is a lie.

Your post was a lie. You were trying to paint me in a political light to bash me personally. You were once again trying to make me out as a "liberal" and that is a lie. There was also another element to that post if you remember correctly.

I haev explained my involvement with the Sierra Club and why, but YOU ignore what I say and make it up as you go.

it is about PERSONAL ATTACKS. I haev refrained from insulting you and bashing you politically. Whenever you cant debate an issue you attack a man's politics and lie to make it more effective.

Bravo!

Gee, I am sorry John Oates, I appreciate the thread you posted (that is now 4 pages) and I would never call you a liar. But then again, I am sure no one on this forum would.....to your face.

I did not call John Oates a liar or Terry Soloman who actually started the 4 page thread a liar. I don't know if they promised to follow the new rules. I do know that I promised that I would follow the new rules and I have. I also know that several others promised to follow the new rules and have not. I did not state any names you did by twisting what I wrote for whatever reason. I really don't have time for obvious agitators like you that can't even keep their facts straight. You made some good points and stated you did in your post just before mine so I suggested the "Open Forum". There topics like you mentioned could be posted along with political ones.

Please note I did not start any of these threads labeled "crap". I myself have only added to the layer of "crap" that your friends have initally started. But then again, I have always noticed that you were much better at that than I am.
I never

said that you did start any of the threads. Again start your own forum. How do you like Rio Rico?

I think i have seen pretty much everyone here make some kind of response to a "Political" post. I agree, if you dont want to comment on it then dont, and if you dont want to read it then dont. Politics has been part of the mining world since the beggining and it will always be there till the end, and is just going to get worse. I am on here everyday and i might see 1 or 2 political posts week. All the rest of the posts are on subject. I love this forum and i love talking to the people in it, but i also agree that you have to be so "Politicaly Correct" These days that it drives me crazy.

I did not call John Oates a liar or Terry Soloman who actually started the 4 page thread a liar. I don't know if they promised to follow the new rules. I do know that I promised that I would follow the new rules and I have. I also know that several others promised to follow the new rules and have not. I did not state any names you did by twisting what I wrote for whatever reason. I really don't have time for obvious agitators like you that can't even keep their facts straight. You made some good points and stated you did in your post just before mine so I suggested the "Open Forum". There topics like you mentioned could be posted along with political ones.

You know, there were a few borken promises to me too. "No more warnigns" was one and when two others went wild post after post making vicious lies and posting radical websites that I had absolutely no involvement with I was the one that was banned and guess what...THEY WERE WARNED. So rules mean nothing, there is no leadership, and if you cant stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.

I think i have seen pretty much everyone here make some kind of response to a "Political" post. I agree, if you dont want to comment on it then dont, and if you dont want to read it then dont. Politics has been part of the mining world since the beggining and it will always be there till the end, and is just going to get worse. I am on here everyday and i might see 1 or 2 political posts week. All the rest of the posts are on subject. I love this forum and i love talking to the people in it, but i also agree that you have to be so "Politicaly Correct" These days that it drives me crazy.

I agree, some can only play nice, when you are in total agreement with them. If you are not then....watch out. Your warned, banned and called a florish of names.

And I quote:

"It wasn't that long ago the Political Forum was shut down, everyone warned not to talk politics again unless it was directly related to a prospecting or mining topic, new rules. Off topic politics has popped up several times and the last one is up to 4 pages now and on the main forum. Nothing has been done to uphold the new rules. Rules are only as good as their enforcement and there isn't any. All that has been proved since the big crackdown and new rules is that a lot of the ones that said they would follow the new rules are liars."

You said this right? Perhaps you should have been more specific....or were you just racially profiling in a prospecting way? :hahaha: :hahaha:

Sawmill,

I only have moderating abilities in the "Gold Prospecting Forum", I don't have moderating controls in the "Gold Nugget Shooting Forum" or any of the other forums.

I never accused anyone of being political.

In the thread you are referring too, I only deleted or edited out content that was "off topic" of the original thread, it was nothing personal, nothing was deleted because of any untruths or truths, or any feelings or thoughts to what was posted on my part, only for being off topic.

Bob,

I didn't take offense to the "White Boy" comment, I'm "white" and proud of my heritage, and I'm not a racist, but it seems That I was the only "white boy from back east" in the thread in question, if you are looking at what is listed in everyone's profile that posted in that thread and I just thought for some reason you were posting that for me, maybe not, I don't know?

As far as the "Gold Nugget Shooting Forum" Moderators, if you look at when any of them has been online, it has been a while, so right now it's seems to me that forum is not being moderated by anyone

Skip

Sorry that is not quite true. I know a member of this forum who was banned from that forum

because he was better at jabbing then the fellow who started it.

WOW :stupidrb: I CAN'T EVEN ROLL THIS SNOWBALL IT GOT SSSSSOOOOOO BIG AND HEAVY

WHAT THE HECK ARE WE SAYIN AN DOIN ANYWAY ??????????

PROBABLY TIME TO SHUT THIS ONE DOWN, I APOLOGIZE ABOUT COMMENTING ON NVCHRIS'S ORIGINAL POST I DIDN'T REALIZE THIS WOULD HAPPEN I FEEL GUILTY AND RESPONSIBLE FOR IT ALL.

SO HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE.............. :zzzzz: