Nugget Shooter Forums

Another Wisconsin Fireball??? May 10th???

I have not seen any ninjas...

You may see this masked man. Sort of a latin meteorite ninja. The ayatollah of bolides. The potentate of pallasites.

He appears shortly after a sighting and he manifests himself from a cloud of dust. He rides a steel horse that belches fire and it is said he is followed by a hound with red eyes. He is generally harmless unless provoked. Dont be shocked if you see him. Just raise your arms over your head and back away while making loud growling noises. You should be fine.

You may see this masked man. Sort of a latin meteorite ninja. The ayatollah of bolides. The potentate of pallasites.

He appears shortly after a sighting and he manifests himself from a cloud of dust. He rides a steel horse that belches fire and it is said he is followed by a hound with red eyes. He is generally harmless unless provoked. Dont be shocked if you see him. Just raise your arms over your head and back away while making loud growling noises. You should be fine.

I don't think that this icon is a ninja...I would probably say it is something much less interesting than a ninja. Do ninjas carry swords or guns...I forgot :ph34r2:

And there my friend is the question of the year. Where indeed? Rarely do you hear of a fireball that is connected to enough witnesses to triangulate it. You gather knowledge until you have located an area and then go to it. You gather more information in the area by asking people about it. Then, if you get enough info to narrow it down to a search area then you can tie on your bandanna and go find it.

The reason everyone rushed to the first Wisconsin fireball was they knew where to start. Thousands witnessed it and a lot of stories and information to be had. Once they got there you read about the scramble to find the place to search, and then when that place was located what was done to secure it for the ones that had located it.

It sounds like this one had very little available info so you must do it the hard way and get your own information on where to start. That is what it is all about. Go, knock on doors, learn until you are confident that you are in the strewn field, and then start looking on the ground.

Piece of cake!

Man, That sounds hard.

Anyways, I have talked to a few people that reported seeing the fireball and they are all over the place. One guy in Appleton said it went right over Appleton at a SW to NE trajectory and that he believed it went basically straight to Green Bay. Then I talked to a lady in Wausau who said it came up from the South and went North from where she was. She said it came up at least as far as Wausau, which is North of GreenBay. I need to find someone in Upper Michigan who saw it or in Michigan Proper. I also talked to the guy at our (GreenBay) Barlow Planetarium who says he thinks it landed just to the South South-West of Green Bay. But hes the idiot who said that the Livingston Meteorite was probably space junk so that contradicts what the lady in Wausau said. So I dont know. That makes it a HUGE area of 75 miles by 200 miles to start looking. And to top it off it was at 4:06 am. So its not like there were alot of witnesses...

Man, That sounds hard.

Anyways, I have talked to a few people that reported seeing the fireball and they are all over the place. One guy in Appleton said it went right over Appleton at a SW to NE trajectory and that he believed it went basically straight to Green Bay. Then I talked to a lady in Wausau who said it came up from the South and went North from where she was. She said it came up at least as far as Wausau, which is North of GreenBay. I need to find someone in Upper Michigan who saw it or in Michigan Proper. I also talked to the guy at our (GreenBay) Barlow Planetarium who says he thinks it landed just to the South South-West of Green Bay. But hes the idiot who said that the Livingston Meteorite was probably space junk so that contradicts what the lady in Wausau said. So I dont know. That makes it a HUGE area of 75 miles by 200 miles to start looking. And to top it off it was at 4:06 am. So its not like there were alot of witnesses...

It IS hard. That is why the spot is protected so much after it is found.

I wish you the best of luck. Keep talking to folks and getting info. You just have to sort it all out and then if you can narrow it down to a few square miles start the search. Still, there is no guarantee (and very little chance) of finding one. If you do find one make sure to tell everyone and invite them to come hunt with you. After all that work, effort and expense on your part it would be a very nice gesture!