Nugget Shooter Forums

Gun Value Websites

I know this is a little bit off topic but I figured someone here might be able to help.

My brother has a Walther PPK 6.75mm handgun in good condition with the original holster. It was brought home by my dad after WW2. He is trying to find the value for insurance purposes although I suspect he might sell it if the price were right. Are their any websites were you can look up gun values? Or are there too many variables to get the true value on something like this?

Steve

Yep, I figured, its a 380 cal. and still only worth around $500.00= a little extra for the holster. Do you know if it has swastica as a hall mark? it could be pre-war or during the war. Just google Walther PPK and it will give you a general Ideal. I have been looking, and $500.00 is about tops on them. unless it was hitlers personal weapon. Or has SS stamped on it. Grubstake

I haven't seen the gun but my brother says it has the name of a german doctor engraved on it that was stationed at one of the concentration camps. He had a pretty high rank. Something like a Lt Gen. We were thinking it might be worth a little more if you could find the right person to buy it. It does come with the holster also which is also in good shape.

Steve

+1 unless this now a wwII auction site.

Very strange! Most forums have sub forums, like "off topic" and "classified", to allow the members to communicate outside of the principle subject for which the forum was created. I can understand the frustration of the members that have objected to the many "off topic" discussions that have been on the forum. However, on the other side of the coin, those posts were made by forum members needing feed back from people of like interests.

Dean

try gunbroker.com It might give you some idea if anyone is currently selling one, also there is a blue book of gun values published yearly. Since Obama got into office all gun values have increased by about 20% some more some less. The blue book of gun values isn't available on the www cause they would never sell another book if the info was easy to obtain. I think Grubby is right on the mark at $500.00 You might be able to get an agreed value insurance policy. Insurance companys are a pain though. They may require collectors insurance if your brother intends on insuring more than a couple of guns.

There are numerous forums that cover this topic in detail hope this little bit of info helps.

-Joe

Yep, Gun Broker and a few other sites is where I looked. Tops is about $500.00 in great shape. I even saw one that was in not so great shape for $245.00 Grubstake