Nugget Shooter Forums

Oh! My banging head

Arrived in AZ Tuesday. My wife had me looking at 10000 houses. I came real close to being on the evening news. Man strangles wife during house hunt. What a nightmare! At one she thought a scorpion was in the botton of a pool. Out the door she goes. I've worked construction in my younger days installing flooring and pretty much can spot issues. A lot of the homes here built after 1990 have some real issues. Everything from cracked slabs to very bad roofing. All the wife looks at is the kitchen and house dressing. Needless to say I was pushed very close to the edge.

Ended up placing a offer on a Scottsdale 1700 sf Hallcraft built in 61 with a small pool that was redone by guys that knew what they were doing. We will see. I've had it with house hunting.

Oh! What is that light that flash's in your eyeballs on the highway when you might be speeding a little? If it's a speeding ticket who do you show your badge to?

Frank glad to hear you made it to AZ without many issures...I'm like you if I have to spend

more than 30 minutes house hunting I'm pushing the limits...all houses built in the last

30 years pretty much suck....some on land fills that aren't prepared properly...cheap

materials...and thrown together by contractors who don't give a $hit.....

PPS: glue a replica of your badge to the center of the steering wheel....another as a tag

emblem....a police pastie on the windshield just where the VIN is...if that don't help your

dealing with a rookie....you know how that goes!!!! B)

Welcome to Arizona! The ticket will arrive in the mail. Thousands of drivers have simply ignored the ticket, as under Arizona law, someone - an officer of the court (process server) or a sworn officer, must personally serve you with the ticket and summons. It is my understanding that the state owes the company that built and operates the cameras millions of dollars they can't pay, largely because they can't collect on the speeding tickets. Get your butt out in the desert - sans wife - and your head will quiet down nicely. Good luck and God bless! - Terry

..Oh! What is that light that flash's in your eyeballs on the highway when you might be speeding a little? If it's a speeding ticket who do you show your badge to?

I have been "flashed" :grr01: a couple times and received a 182.00 dollar reminder that I was speeding in the mail. :o I dont know if they go after out of state plates though....

Best of luck with the house, and the nuggets are waiting ;)

Mike

The house is on N 87th place off Mcdowell near Pima. I'm staying with my wife's sister and she is on N 82nd place near Hayden rd. If you are in that area you may have seen me. I'm the guy with the shotgun doing his morning walk.

Welcome "paisan", I hope you and the family get settled soon in your new environment.

I can't spell in Italian very good. At least thats what I thought your last name was, Italian.

Sincerly, Frank Campagnano aka Frank C.

Aloha,

Well it's good to see you made it out to the wild west in one piece, so far.rolleye0012[1].gif

Once you get settled and are allowed to bail let us guys know so we can plan an outing to welcome you to this side of the mississippi.

Take care and be safe.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Good luck on your house hunting SGTFDA, there are tons of foreclosure deals on homes right now. As for the camera's that are giving out tickets in the mail, I have been driving at night and had those things flash their camera lights and take a picture of me. I bet they will do without those flashing at night once it blinds someone driving :zapped: , and they end up in an accident and sue. I hope I just did not give someone a good idea :idea:

Well my offer was not accepted on the Scottsdale house and I refused to raise it. Found a better house a block south of W Guadalupe Rd just a couple blocks east of 101. Twice the house for the same money built in 77. Brick construction with very heavy roof beams and a normal shingle roof. Plus a nice diving pool in the back yard. Not that I do much diving. The owner accepted the offer. Yes this is a buyers market out here. $150000 less than the last owner paid in 06. So it looks like I'll be picking dust out of my nose in a month. Now I just need to finish packing all my sh*t. Though I'll never learn. I was out walking Sat. and hit a guy garage sale. Bought more fishing stuff and like the dumb ass I am and had to carry it all back to the house I'm staying at. Everyone was giving me the eye. Like where did he steal all that stuff.

Heh, you should try being a Realtor, it always amazes me how every buyer is exactly the same, they are looking for something so specific they should probably be building a new home instead, heh. :*&$*(: :tisk-tisk: :blink:

Well my offer was not accepted on the Scottsdale house and I refused to raise it. Found a better house a block south of W Guadalupe Rd just a couple blocks east of 101. Twice the house for the same money built in 77. Brick construction with very heavy roof beams and a normal shingle roof. Plus a nice diving pool in the back yard. Not that I do much diving. The owner accepted the offer. Yes this is a buyers market out here. $150000 less than the last owner paid in 06. So it looks like I'll be picking dust out of my nose in a month. Now I just need to finish packing all my sh*t. Though I'll never learn. I was out walking Sat. and hit a guy garage sale. Bought more fishing stuff and like the dumb ass I am and had to carry it all back to the house I'm staying at. Everyone was giving me the eye. Like where did he steal all that stuff.

Maybe you should send a thank you card to the other seller c/o his Realtor, thanking him for rejecting your last offer?

On that garage sale, you've been a cop too long! Those people along the street were just wondering where the water was.

Dean

Dean you are right on about that other offer. This place is like Canada. Took 2 hrs to find a post office in that area. No one knew what a post office was or where one may be. It's hard to get used to everything being so spread out. I was glad to find a Walmart that carried my chewing tobacco. Thank God for my car gps.

HPS

Your right. But the nuggetshooter site is like a extended family. Time to time off topic issues come up in that extended family and are kicked about.

HPS

Your right. But the nuggetshooter site is like a extended family. Time to time off topic issues come up in that extended family and are kicked about.

And I couldnt agree with you more. The issue is, that it always depends on who is doing the kickin'. Good Luck in moving to AZ. While the state has issues right now, what place doesnt?

We really need a ruling on this! It is prospecting, but not for gold. Scottsdale is probably not on any type of gold bearing strata, and the residence does not have any gold plated door knobs or trappings that have been mentioned.

It is difficult to tell if this thread is really constitutional. Furthermore, I am not sure if we can legally ask the Sarge if there is gold there without violating his constitutional rights. If we cant know about the gold content of the house and he has no paperwork we will have to banish him from the forum and deport him back to Pensylvania (or somewhere back east, I am sorry Sarge I forgot!).

Rules is rules and we must stamp out any type of impunity with force if need be. It does not really matter if no harm was intended, or that Sarge was just lookng for a new home in a better place. He has migrated without permission, set up his household in a strange land, and completly disregarded forum rules by posting off topic.

We are going to fire a warning shot and if you do not immediately retreat back to your original home you will be eliminated. Sorry, but those are the rules.

(Dont worry Sarge, you can stay at my pad and I will hide you in the basement when La Migra De Oro comes. Everyone here looks the same so after a month or two you will blend right in. Once we get you signed up for welfare and you get a driver's licence you can run for public office).

We really need a ruling on this! It is prospecting, but not for gold. Scottsdale is probably not on any type of gold bearing strata, and the residence does not have any gold plated door knobs or trappings that have been mentioned.

It is difficult to tell if this thread is really constitutional. Furthermore, I am not sure if we can legally ask the Sarge if there is gold there without violating his constitutional rights. If we cant know about the gold content of the house and he has no paperwork we will have to banish him from the forum and deport him back to Pensylvania (or somewhere back east, I am sorry Sarge I forgot!).

Rules is rules and we must stamp out any type of impunity with force if need be. It does not really matter if no harm was intended, or that Sarge was just lookng for a new home in a better place. He has migrated without permission, set up his household in a strange land, and completly disregarded forum rules by posting off topic.

We are going to fire a warning shot and if you do not immediately retreat back to your original home you will be eliminated. Sorry, but those are the rules.

(Dont worry Sarge, you can stay at my pad and I will hide you in the basement when La Migra De Oro comes. Everyone here looks the same so after a month or two you will blend right in. Once we get you signed up for welfare and you get a driver's licence you can run for public office).

I have never heard so much self gratifying crap, any where else!

Sgt, don't let the strange one's get to you. 40ty years ago I moved into a county, 50miles long X 50miles wide, which boasted to have 2,500 registered voters at the time. If I could survive four Sgt's and the local cronies, to retirement, I'm sure you can tie any local dorks into knots.

Even though you retired a Sgt, I'll keep your back. That's where we come from!

Dean

WTG finding a better house when the other deal fell through! Yes, it is a buyers market. Even if there is not much gold in the Scottsdale area, you will be a quantum leap closer than PA. I'll buy ya a beer next time I visit the inlaws in Sun City.....