Nugget Shooter Forums

Moving to

Will probley be moving to Phoenix Az area in a year or so , maybe Apache Junction . Is there good spots to poke around for gold near there ?

Have a metal detector Whites XLT , 3 foot sluice box , and a wanting to find GOLD !

Retired Military, so time on my hands ! A friend in Chandler ,has a friend that is into gold hunting, will try to hook up with him

Thanks for the chat

Wayne

Hello Wayne! I would advise you to check out the local prospecting clubs like the RoadRunner's http://www.roadrunnergold.com These clubs offer you thousands of acres of claims to poke around on, all over the state. In Tucson, it's the Desert Gold Diggers http://www.desert-gold-diggers.org and out at Rich Hill, near Congress - where my company operates, you can join either the Weaver Mining District, or the Y Not club:

Weaver Mining District

PO Box 955

Congress, AZ 85332

Les

928-427-6344

Y NOT Prospectors Club

PO Box 366

Congress, AZ 85332

Tom & Maggie

928-427-9605

I wish you big nuggets, and when you get settled in look me up and let's have a beer! :thumbsupanim - Terry

Many years Steve ($35-annually), and they have some GREAT claims! I have pulled a lot of gold from the washes below Weaver and Rich Hills thanks to my membership in the club over the years. Call Tom and Maggie up, and go out and see them. Tell them Terry Soloman "Member 357," sent ya! :thumbsupanim

Terry.

I've never heard to the "Y Not" prospectors club. How long have they been in operation and what kind of claims do they have?

Steve

Hello Wayne! I would advise you to check out the local prospecting clubs like the RoadRunner's http://www.roadrunnergold.com These clubs offer you thousands of acres of claims to poke around on, all over the state. In Tucson, it's the Desert Gold Diggers http://www.desert-gold-diggers.org and out at Rich Hill, near Congress - where my company operates, you can join either the Weaver Mining District, or the Y Not club:

Weaver Mining District

PO Box 955

Congress, AZ 85332

Les

928-427-6344

Y NOT Prospectors Club

PO Box 366

Congress, AZ 85332

Tom & Maggie

928-427-9605

I wish you big nuggets, and when you get settled in look me up and let's have a beer! :thumbsupanim - Terry

After the first week of June, these days I am either on the beach at Southampton, Long Island, in New York, or somewhere in Alaska running from bears and swatting at the state bird. My professionals in Arizona do some moonlight and early-morning prospecting though. You just need a good revolver, snake guards and a speaker system. Cheers! - Terry

Thanks for the invite , and beer to? !! no better then that, do you take time off in june,july or when it,s pretty warm out , or go early in am before it gets warm?

Wayne

After the first week of June, these days I am either on the beach at Southampton, Long Island, in New York, or somewhere in Alaska running from bears and swatting at the state bird. My professionals in Arizona do some moonlight and early-morning prospecting though. You just need a good revolver, snake guards and a speaker system. Cheers! - Terry

Terry thanks for info on summer hunting of the wiley gold nugget , ok I under stand the gun, snake chaps , duh ,whats the speaker for ?

Wayne

You can use external speakers instead of headphones when detecting. Easier to hear rattlesnakes.

DigDeep

Bingo! As well as wild pigs and people. You'll never hear the cougars.. :arrowheadsmiley: - :inocent: Terry

You can use external speakers instead of headphones when detecting. Easier to hear rattlesnakes.

DigDeep

Time for gold nuggets? Wayne, Arizona gold nuggets are almost ninja-like in their ability to defy detection. :ph34r2: They require you to be trail-toughened, Cat-claw scratched and cactus pierced. :whaaaa: But, when you do sidestep the scorpion to avoid the rattlesnake perched precariously on the side of a desert wash while homing in on the sound of one, and then dig it out of Mother Earth – you’ll be a very proud Arizona Gold Prospector! :whoope: Dirty, dusty, scratched up and most likely bleeding, but Proud! :ROFL: - Terry

So watching for Rattlesnakes, wild pigs , all the plants that pick or stick you , is there time to look for the wiley little nugget !!

?

Wayne

Time for gold nuggets? Wayne, Arizona gold nuggets are almost ninja-like in their ability to defy detection. :ph34r2: They require you to be trail-toughened, Cat-claw scratched and cactus pierced. :whaaaa: But, when you do sidestep the scorpion to avoid the rattlesnake perched precariously on the side of a desert wash while homing in on the sound of one, and then dig it out of Mother Earth – you’ll be a very proud Arizona Gold Prospector! :whoope: Dirty, dusty, scratched up and most likely bleeding, but Proud! :ROFL: - Terry