Nugget Shooter Forums

table question...

Jim Gilmore

For those whom have tried that table that was shown a week or two ago.

The sluice like table with no riffles and a flat bottom.

Have you tried using it with straight concentrates from drywashing, just screening them down first ?

I'm curious how it would work.

Jim,

Are you asking about a Miller Table?

If so this is probably the one you mentioned posted...

http://www.youtube.com/user/nuggetbill#p/a/u/1/02mvPhVNGDE

If this is the one, I haven't tried a Miller table for drywasher cons, but IMHO it will work fine for drywashing cons.

"lotsa luck" was going to build one for trying on his fine gold he was getting, he hasn't posted that he did build one, maybe he will respond to this thread if he did build a Miller Table, though he wasn't working with a drywasher.

Here is a link to the thread that the Miller Table was mentioned...

http://www.nuggetshooter.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=17433

Skip

Jim,

Are you asking about a Miller Table?

If so this is probably the one you mentioned posted...

http://www.youtube.com/user/nuggetbill#p/a/u/1/02mvPhVNGDE

If this is the one, I haven't tried a Miller table for drywasher cons, but IMHO it will work fine for drywashing cons.

"lotsa luck" was going to build one for trying on his fine gold he was getting, he hasn't posted that he did build one, maybe he will respond to this thread if he did build a Miller Table, though he wasn't working with a drywasher.

Here is a link to the thread that the Miller Table was mentioned...

http://www.nuggetshooter.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=17433

Skip

Yes , those are the tables I'm talking about. but it always looks like the material is well panned alread and their water staying perfectly clean. In the desert thats never gonna happen. I'm wondering if they have been tried as the first panning device if you just screen to small siezes.

like removing all <80 mesh or so ?

These laminer flow water tables are meant to recover micro-gold. These tables are for the black sands you have left AFTER you think you have all of the gold out. They don't work as well with brown water. - Terry

For those whom have tried that table that was shown a week or two ago.

The sluice like table with no riffles and a flat bottom.

Have you tried using it with straight concentrates from drywashing, just screening them down first ?

I'm curious how it would work.

These laminer flow water tables are meant to recover micro-gold. These tables are for the black sands you have left AFTER you think you have all of the gold out. They don't work as well with brown water. - Terry

This is true, and I only have my table 1/2 way done as I FINALLY landed a full time job (at 1/3rd what I made for 10 years) and I'm busting my arse to get an increase. Did I mention this economy SUCKS? LOL

As I haven't prospected in a desert environment I can't positively say that a miller table will work with the "brown water" of the desert, but I know that others have used recirculating sluices some success and it should be no different with a miller table using a recirculating setup, here in the east most water is "brown water" to some degree and recirculating setups when setup properly to trap sediments and organic matter and keep it away from the pump do well.

Although a miller table is a cleanup tool, as is a shaker table, and blue or green bowl, I have seen a video of Keene shaker table being used down in Mexico with crushed ore where the water/slurry(brown water)almost looked like thin chocolate pudding and it worked rather well at catching the 100 mesh gold they were getting.

Skip