Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr-Meteorite

This is BRUTAL! (Wisconsin)

Hey Meteorite Bros, Tom474e, and Florida Guy....."If you can't run with the Big Dogs.... stay on the Porch!!!!" :yuk-yuk: :hahaha:

2566.jpg

Unfortunately, Meteorite Hunting is not like the Obama administration...no handouts for the lazy, here! You have to work for your meteorites! :inocent:

Hi all, first off, thank you Ruben for all your input in helping us all. :thumbsupanim

Meteorite hunting is not easy in any way. Sure, you may be lucky and walk into a field and see a new fall just laying there to be picked up. But, all in all, it's a tough job. :eee:

I've spent 8 full day's in Franconia before I found my first meteorite. I spent 2 full day's in Holbrook and found nothing. I spent 2 full day's at Wilcox Playa and found nothing. I've got 14 full days hunting for the Whetstone mountain and have found nothing. I have spent 10 full days hunting for the Tucson (Ring) and found tons of basalt :olddude: Hey, but I did spend 2 days looking for the Canyon Diablo and found the Crater :hahaha:

You just have to do all the home work and study. Then, one day it will all pay off... :ph34r2:

and... Ruben, just keep on Rockin pal.... best wishes, jim "bones" :ROFL:

Hey Guys,

I don't think you're being fair to Ruben. More importantly, you're not hearing what he's saying. Initially, it's a crapshoot. IF you've DONE some homework, your guess is as good as anyone else's. After that, you make your own luck. And even then, there's no guarantee you'll find anything. If it was easy, everyone would be out there hunting! I think you need to hone your skills at established strewnfields. If you stay with it, IN TIME, you'll grow eyes for meteorites. For those of you who DO, years from now, you'll look back and agree with me.

To quote Ringo Starr - "You know it don't come easy"

Ben

Regmaglitc~*~ Your Ringo Starr quote is interesting! When I see photos of self proclaimed hot shots, I want to quote a famous Elvis song...."In the ghetto" :yuk-yuk:

I find it funny when guys look like gang bangers and try to act important. "Homies" need to go make some real money....the only celeb's in the meteorite hobby are the meteorite men. Case closed ;-)

Regmaglitc~*~ Your Ringo Starr quote is interesting! When I see photos of self proclaimed hot shots, I want to quote a famous Elvis song...."In the ghetto" :yuk-yuk:

Hey FG, we all know each other and have met one another in the fields at one time or another on this forum and I personally don't like the racist remarks your making. Anymore of these kinds of comments and we'll be happy to get you banned from this forum. Go troll on a different forum because we won't tolerate it here. Better yet, why don't you and all the other unhappy whining newbs go over to the metlist and post your concerns over there and see how well received it will be.

Del

So as long as the Professional hunters dont go around saying this is all for scientific research. Cause thats a bunch of crap too. Thats what they tell the land owners to get on the land. Lord knows if someone went around telling the land owners what the meteorites were really worth they would let anyone on. I like how Ive read some reports saying that the meteorites found here in Wisconsin could go for as much as 5-10 dollars a gram....Right....Put a zero on the end of that number...

And the reason why I am posting is to let the amatures know the real scoop before they waste money and time flying or driving to wisconsin only to find they A...They either cant find where to look. Or B. When they do find where to look cant get on the land cause the Professionals have gone around and Paid the farmers extra money to not let anyone else on their land.

Just think of the guy from Minnesotta who brought his 2 little 8-11 year old girls to Wisconsin to go Meteorite hunting only to be told he couldnt hunt on any of the good spots. The little girls cried all the way home to Minnesotta... Hope the Professional are happy. But then again its all about scientific research and stuff....

Del Taco... of course you are offended... your name is Del (oops more racism). If I make a comment based on some know it all's appearance, that's not racism, it's a simple observation which forms opinions. If I wore a rebel flag t-shirt, you have all the right to form and express your opinion that I'm a redneck even though I am the polar opposite, that's your constitutional right. Del, I'm sure your a good guy and I am not interested in debating your left wing views but my rants where based on the defense of the meteorite Bros. and it is what it is. I don't even know the Meteorite Bros. and I'm aware they don't need me defending them at all but it's my character to do so. Read the attached post and that says it all. Also read this thread from start to finish and be honest with yourself. These guys got treated poorly in the field and further more got treated poorly on this forum! The reason the so called "pro's" got skunked in Wisconsin is simple.... negative karma. This is my last post on this subject and good luck hunting.

P.S. I fish the Atlantic Ocean almost every evening here in Florida and I would never consider calling myself a "pro" fisherman. I can tell you that when tourist pick my brain for information while I'm cleaning my catch, I tell them where to fish and what kind of tackle to use. Hmmmm, what a novel idea.

FG I can tell you've obviously never lived in a major city that has real gang members. What you're doing is called racial profiling. Look it up and learn something.

Meteorite hunting and gold prospecting is very similiar to fishing in many ways. Do you give out GPS coords and invite every newbie fisherman that comes along to your hotspots? Probably not! If you don't like this then take up some other hobby.

I'm glad you'll never be back on this forum!

Del

Del,

Hey buddy I could not stop Laughing when I read some of the last posts. Maybe we can get some of the west side locos to help hook up our fifth wheel trailer then stop for some take out at Del taco and then head out to Wisconsin for some real meteorite hunting! How about Kansas on the way back. Oh and we can also run him around Glorieta mountain for a couple days before we start our new adventure! FG can watch all the operations and then go with us, stay in the trailer and cook the fish he has caught! At least it will be fresh with some fusion scales!

Good hunting!

To all concerned,

With all the new interest in meteorite hunting and the recent fall in Wisconsin, this thread was started to show that hunting in a new strewn field can at the least be very taxing in more ways than one for someone just entering into the hobby. Some useful information was presented and opinions seem to vary, however the name calling and finger pointing will not be allowed or tolerated, and I deleted the last entry for such reason.

Please remember, that everyone is entitled to an opinion, and this site tolerates those pretty well, however, when the topic turns from educational or insightful to being offensive and slander in nature, I'm sure the forum host would agree that those qualities are not conducive with the intentions of the forum.

Thank you, Jason.

Because this site might be opposed to free speech and people defending the innocent and themselves, I will be more vague with no finger pointing at one individual. Missing teeth, food stamps, trailer parks, cheap beer, tattoos, people who voted for Obama, body odor and smoking. These are all fascinating topics. :inocent:

This is all very simple.

The first photo is Ruben Garcia the meteorite hunter.

The second photo is Ruben Garcia the gangster.

Anyone can plainly see that one Ruben Garcia is a gang member and the other is wearing a bandanna.

I hope this clears it up for everyone. Those of us who know what a "real" gang member looks like can obviously tell which one you can trust.

Aloha fellow meteorite hunters,

I started to respond to several of the previous posts BUT for the life of me I just cant. Life is way too short to bicker about a great hobby and for the most part some great and sharing bunch of guys.

This is a brutal hobby and I just cant remember how many times the skunk has followed me back to my jeep. This is one of them hobbies where you just need to MAN UP and go and get some fresh batteries for the next time.

The skunk will hopefully be following someone else the next time you go out in the field.party-smiley-027[1].gif

Good luck to all the newbies and just remember that we all have had to put in our time to be where we are today. Some or just more fortunate and lucky than others.

Aloha and as usual be safe out there.

Stan aka Ka'imi

Hello all,

I know all of us on the forum appreciate all the hard work and research that has gone into the Wisconsin meteorite fall. I know I do. I have followed everything that has been posted everywhere about it since the beginning. Kudos to all who hunted whether they found anything or just had a great experience hunting, meeting the locals and fellow meteorite hunters in Wisconsin.

I know most of us on the forum have put a ton of time in the field hunting for meteorites. Heck even if your a newbie and you have only hunted one day its all about having a good time and building good memories. When I was new to meteorite hunting Ruben helped me out. when I had a ton of questions about everything he answered them! He knows what he is talking about. Ruben, again I say congrats to you and your hunting partners! I have learned bunches here on the forum and received help from many members as well. Thanks.

I am sure all of us have had bad days too. You know the ones where we don't find anything for days on end, when our vehicles break down, when our equipment breaks, when we lose a gps or other piece of equipment or when we get hurt, etc. But just like any hobby it has it's ups and downs. It's like anything we try, if we don't like it then it just might not be something we enjoy doing. I for one enjoy the time spent out in the field with family and friends even if I am not successful. The success is in the time spent where ever we choose to be hunting at the time. I also enjoy taking photos and I take a ton while hunting. So have fun and give it a chance.

I apologize for getting carried away.

Dean

I find it funny when guys look like gang bangers and try to act important. "Homies" need to go make some real money....the only celeb's in the meteorite hobby are the meteorite men. Case closed ;-)

I am going to stick my big nose in here, even though it's probably not going to help. I have never met anyone on this forum. But I will tell you now, so you get it, cause it seems like you don't. CASH is king, we live in a society of greed and capitalism, not sharing and communism, so quit your crying and racist badgering, which you have come to at a distance of what..... 2500 miles away?

Go to the gold rush in Sudan, the government took it over and where they didn't, you had better have an oozie or you are going to die, plain fact. If meteorite hunters didn't pay farmers for exclusive rights...what would be the point of searching, as soon as you found something, everyone else would be there like you kicked a hornets nest. "All the good spots were taken by the selfish "professionals".....ten thousand hunters in a lifetime couldn't hunt this strewn field. I very much doubt that Ruben or any of the other hunters out there brought enough cash to get on every farm...exclusively....and even if that was remotely possible, which it's not, they paid for it, invested in it, and have no guarantee any more than you or I who have paid nothing, of finding anything.

I'll bet you money, after all the hunters have finished there search and gone home, years from now, you could go out there and find a meteorite of your own. The farmers will say "your wasting your time" "that field was searched and criss crossed by ten different people, a dozen, different times" "you sir are wasting your time": That's what a farmer told me when I asked to search his field that was an old fair ground in the late 1800's. I have found 700 Indian Pennies, 300 or so Seated and Barber silver, more than 100 v and shield nickels, 2 cent and three cent pieces, civil war and 1812 buttons and three ringers, silverware and jewelry. GUESS I WAS WASTING MY TIME :rasberry: Better go drink me some koolaide :hahaha:

Good luck to you Rueben and anyone else that dropped shorts and ran out there blindly, without a hesitation, shame on you for being first on the scene and protecting your efforts by attempting to purchase exclusive rights of search, what a horribly good business man you are :wubu:

Joe