Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Geo-George

Illegal dredging/sluicing?

If,I get "caught", so to speak, you can bet I won't take it lieing down. :*&$*(:

I have the "RIGHT" to mine on my "LEGAL" claim, and I'll be damned if some panty waisted liberal is goin' to tell me otherwise.

Catch me if you can. :rasberry:

You wanna fight?, just bring it on Mo-Fo! :angry:

Micro Nugget is probably by far the most qualified person on this forum to be able to interpret the law.... he has lifetime of experience. I would agree the fulcrum on this issue will be criminal intent, something GG wants to stay away from. His situation is certainly unique and it is clear he certainly has no criminal intent.......

GG.... if you really want to pursue this, I suggest you contact PLP and explain your situation completely. It would not surprise me at all if you were cited under SB-6760 (which I seriously doubt) PLP would represent you in court if needed.......

Micro Nugget is probably by far the most qualified person on this forum to be able to interpret the law.... he has lifetime of experience. I would agree the fulcrum on this issue will be criminal intent, something GG wants to stay away from. His situation is certainly unique and it is clear he certainly has no criminal intent.......

GG.... if you really want to pursue this, I suggest you contact PLP and explain your situation completely. It would not surprise me at all if you were cited under SB-6760 (which I seriously doubt) PLP would represent you in court if needed.......

I just want to pursue my "RIGHT" to mine on my claim.

I have no intention to violate any laws.

My operation doesn't "endanger" the welfare of the salmon, or any other critter for that matter. I have even structured the entrance to my mine so as to not prevent the bats from comming and going as they please. I does however, prevent the curious from being subjected to any dangers that may be present. I don't need any liability for the actions of the ignorant.

Just leave me alone and let me pursue my ability to suppliment my income.

In this administration of "entitlements", I would hope that I may retain being "entitled" to continue.

Yes, I will contact the PLP regarding my issue and get their "opinion".

My thanks to all who have responded, favorably or not. :wubu:

George

Just sent an e-mail to Gerald Hobbs, President of the PLP.

I'll relay any responce that I may recieve.

Just sent an e-mail to Gerald Hobbs, President of the PLP.

I'll relay any responce that I may recieve.

GG

you may want to keep that info under your hat and not post it publicly...... They read these forums too........

GG

you may want to keep that info under your hat and not post it publicly...... They read these forums too........

Well then may I take the opportunity to tell "them" to kiss our collective smelly behinds? My wish would be after a long day on the end of that shovel when the hemmies are really popping out and everything is really sweaty. Whaddya think?

GG

You may have a very good point. :hmmmmm:

Keep the enemy guesssing, eh? :hahaha:

Well then may I take the opportunity to tell "them" to kiss our collective smelly behinds? My wish would be after a long day on the end of that shovel when the hemmies are really popping out and everything is really sweaty. Whaddya think?

So you are telling "them" it's okay for "them" to use a "suction" devise? :brows:

Don't forget, that's next to an active stream. :hahaha:

Steve, I can also agree with the qualifications and assertions of Micro Nugget. In the DFG response a lot of doors are left open that could be used as means of a Court battle not yet seen due to “situations” issued by uninformed DFG field representatives and the regulations DFG sites.

Some have noted a disparity on …..

“Page 2 paragraph 2 of that letter indicates that it could indeed be considered dredging if you used a suction nozzle but was not in a stream course and so the ban wouldn't apply. At least that is how I interpret it”.

All notations before that last “sentence” in that same paragraph apply only to regulations and NOT Law as defined by SB670 and is DFG regulation Only. In that very same page and paragraph noted, the respondent for the DFG says this.....

To the "body" of the last sentence noted in this paragraph.....

“The key, again, under the existing definition of (SB670) is whether the activity involves under the use of a suction system to remove materials from the bottom of a stream, river or lake to extract minerals”.

Read the entire Response Letter from DFG.

DFG’s answer to any legality relies on a premise of Fact / law and to a degree Intent to "disobey". Current “Regulations” apply to a Code and.....Most of all, Interpretation is Not a field matter by DFG! We asked for Clarification.....where is the clear result of doing so???

What I’m saying is…..We just got “challenged” again, lets see what can be done WITHIN the LAW!

Gary

BTW, Cool you jets Geo-George, miners are working on IT!

Sorry Gary, can't do that.

If we all sat back and "cooled our jets", we'd be hung out to dry. I realize that there are those taking our case to task, but we all need to get "Hot" about this issue and support those who pursue a positive resolution. My right, is your right too. I am doing all that I can think of, to seek a resolution to my and our issues. Gonna write a few more letters too.

To quote my own words.....

BTW, Cool you jets Geo-George, miners are working on IT!

and yours.....

Sorry Gary, can't do that.

If we all sat back and "cooled our jets", we'd be hung out to dry. I realize that there are those taking our case to task, but we all need to get "Hot" about this issue and support those who pursue a positive resolution. My right, is your right too. I am doing all that I can think of, to seek a resolution to my and our issues. Gonna write a few more letters too.

I meant nothing of disrespect in my comment to you.....many people,mining interests and their organizations are working on the ambiguous nature of SB670. The problem is "clear answers" to our questions are Not forth coming. The nature of the DFG response leans to a court challenge and interpretation by DFG field officers.

So anyone can say this-and-that (to include regulations and law) but arm-chair quarterbacking on both sides allows a lot to be determined. After reading the DFG response to the inquiry one may want to carry a copy of it with them in the field, along with the regulations sited in it!

Gary

We're cool Gary. ;)

I didn't think you meant any disrespect.

I'm simply stating that I can't stand by and do nothing.

I have copied and laminated the lawyer's letter, the responce from the DF&G, and the pertenant regulations. I put them in a binder that I carry, with all my claim information, to the claim on each visit.

I still intend to meet with my district ranger to get his view on my opperations.

If I can get him on my side, that's half my battle.

Not being a resident of Kalif, I really don't think the legislature will take much stock in my concerns. After all, they are all looking for votes.

We need to get Kalif. residents to back our stand, not just the miners, and support those working to repeal this insane ban. I feel that education of the masses, regarding this situation, is going to play a major roll in acquiring a positive outcome.

I know merchants that have been adversly affected by this ban. There is a lot of income taken from the coffers of thousands who have been affected. There is quite an expansive ripple effect. I have been encouraging those that I have met to assist in all our efforts.

My initial intention was to get further understanding of just what I/we are up against, and it worked. I do, have a better understanding of my particular situation, and for that, I thank you all. :wubu:

George