Nugget Shooter Forums

The mountain gives up one more treasure!!

Hey all,

I made it out on Saturday for a day of meteorite hunting. I was anxious to get back out after all the snow had melted and breath the fresh mountain air. I hunted a spot I have never been to and ended up with this piece of the heavens! I hit the area hard where this iron was found on top of the ground but she gave up no others! A great day and beautiful weather....finally!

Good hunting all!!!

Dean

DSCF0028.jpg

DSCF0031.jpg

DSCF0029-2.jpg

Aloha Dean,

Good to see you getting out in the nice weather and actually coming home with something. Just got back from a couple of days up in Utah checking out some spots for some more Indian rock artwork. Definitely a nice time till the HEAT starts up once again.

Aloha and be safe out there.

Stan aka Ka'imi

Dean, What a Beauty !! Nice one !! Real cool character!! I like the space pic! Ya it's great to get out in it. I spent Saturday hunting with my daughter on a (mostly) dry lake, in-between trying to get out of the mud I drove my 4X Explorer into. No hint of wet as the mud was crusted over, then too late. Had to call to ex-wife to tow me out! Good time hunting though, but no finds. I have a hand winch with 5/16 cable and steel stakes I purchased after the last time I was stuck in the mud, but there in the other truck (dumb a$$). Clifton

A very nice find Dean! That one looks like it was mighty close to olivine. I'll bet it was a pallasite until the last few thousand feet of flight.

What is with the weather this year? On Monday morning it was 28 degrees and the ice was an inch thick. Last Friday it was sunny six times and it snowed five times. The wind blew my fishing boat off the trailer and when I went out to tie it down it blew my new tattoo off. It snowed every single night for three months. The mud was 4" deep and slick as snot right up to the steps for weeks...I stopped using 4WD to get to the pavement last week. I have never seen a snowier, muddier winter that has lasted this long. What a blessing for it to finally be winding down!

Bob

Hello Stan. Hey I forgot to mention I had actually went out for a hunt last month. I fought 3 foot snow drifts and very very cold weather. I did not find any meteorites but I did find an old piece of jewelry! I just had to get it outta my system and at least give it a try! When I was done I had frozen wet feet, sore legs and was beat to the bone. I still loved every minute of the hunt!! Hey send some pics of your trip to Utah. Would love to see them.

Frank, thank you! How goes it? Been on any good adventures lately?

VegasRocker, Hey thanks for the kudos! This little iron weighs 12.6 grams.

Clifton, thanks for the kind words. I love these irons so much because you never know what you will dig up. They usually have great character but I must say I have found some butt ugly ones!! I bet your daughter will remember your hunt and your adventures for ever. The time spent with family and friends is always the best part of the hunts. Finding meteorites is icing on the cake! You left your gear in the other truck! I gotta laugh cause one hunt I drove 100 plus miles only to discover I left a cable to my Minelab at home!! The next trip to a new area I dropped and lost that same cable as I was loading up the gear in the 4 wheeler. It happens.

Bobby, hey man thanks! I too think it lost it's olivine on the way down! I shoulda taken some photos of me trudging through the 3 feet of snow that day! It was a crazy day. I sat down once only to pour an ice cold cup of coffee from my busted thermos!! Man was I craving a hot cup that hunt! Bout fell outta my chair when I read the part about losing your new tattoo! Ha ha, I will let you know if I find it in the hills. The day I was hunting it snowed on me 4 times in between the sunshine. Gotta love it. It sure has been a heck of a winter. I'm sure we will all be griping about the hot weather soon. Good to see you back at it. I will give you a call soon.

Thanks all! Good hunting and even better luck!!!

Dean

Dean,

Really great find. Congrat's

Sure wish Doug and I could have found one of these babies last year. Maybe someday!

Bob