Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fishinbobo

Plans for building a trommel?

Well now that we are officially hooked on prospecting, my dad and I are giving some thought on building a trommel. Thought it was worth a shot at asking here. We are looking for some plans, pics of building process, or tips.

We have a basic idea of what we want to do. What we are looking for is...

1. description of type of motor to use, gas or electric pros and cons for each.

2. Size of water pump needed to run through it and still have enough to make the sluice run right.

and basically ANY info or tips that someone here can give us that would lean us towards or away from attempting to build one.

Thanks for any info... all info is helpful at this stage.

Brian

Hey thanks for the info guys. I checked out there website. Now I will wait and see what we decide to do. We are still thinking about attempting to build one or not. I have a drywasher, just waiting for it to be dry enough to run it out there.

thanks again

Brian

Hey thanks for the info guys. I checked out there website. Now I will wait and see what we decide to do. We are still thinking about attempting to build one or not. I have a drywasher, just waiting for it to be dry enough to run it out there.

thanks again

Brian

Your saying that your interested in a trommel but where are you planning on using it. The desert ? are you planning to truck loads of water in or are ou talking about some place with water ?

yes it will be in the desert. We are finding really fine gold and are just exploring more options on trying to run more material in our time out there to show more color at the end of the day. So we would have to take water out there with us and make it recycle itself. I already take 35 gallons of water when I go out there now so I would have to see if I need more or if that would get us by.

brian

yes it will be in the desert. We are finding really fine gold and are just exploring more options on trying to run more material in our time out there to show more color at the end of the day. So we would have to take water out there with us and make it recycle itself. I already take 35 gallons of water when I go out there now so I would have to see if I need more or if that would get us by.

brian

1. forget the trommel.

2. If there are just 2 of you then a drywasher is the way to go.

3. If you looking for the best spot to get gold Sample,sample,sample.

4. then work the drywasher.

Yeah thats the way I am leaning. I already own the drywasher. why get another piece of equipement going until I get to use this one for awhile and see how we do. We are on the weaver claims and like I said before we are finding gold but it is really fine flakes with some alittle larger flakes. But it is consistant, so it may be a decent spot to drywash. But thanks for the advice!

Brian