Nugget Shooter Forums

I put together this little detector a few years back when I was going to VA. and digging Civil War Relics. We were finding a lot of winter camps and when getting in the hut site it was easier using something with a short handle once in the hole. This also works good when digging 100 year old out houses.

I used the handle shaft from an old Garrett and a Tesoro Eldorado w/ a 4" coil.

Works great.

e&hagd

Allen in MT

post-227-12704301908_thumb.jpg

Looks like a neat and very useable setup Allen, have you noticed any change in its tuning/operating with the coil moved closer to the control box ?? Or does it perform as well as with its new position ??

Looks like a neat and very useable setup Allen, have you noticed any change in its tuning/operating with the coil moved closer to the control box ?? Or does it perform as well as with its new position ??

Worked just as good with the short shaft, didn't notice any difference, The ElDorado is also a ground balance machine, great for pinpointing.

Allen

That is cool Allen. Thanks for sharing your idea. I might have to try and make one for myself. My 3 year old could swing it when he goes out with me!

Take care.

Matt