Nugget Shooter Forums

Garrett Ace 250 Metal Detector

Hi Guys-

Anyone here use or know of anyone who uses a Garrett Ace 250 metal detector for hunting coins? I have a neighbor down the street who has one and he raves about it. I wonder how good a detector that cost only about $200.00 would do against some of the more expensive models. I can't afford much of anything right now but maybe down the road a couple years in the future, it could be an option for me. :hmmmmm:

Steve

The Ace 250 is a GREAT beach and park machine. I use it with the 12"-coil on the beach, and the machine does very well. Picked up lots of clad coins ($400-worth), and a few gold and silver rings. My prize was a $5,000 diamond engagement ring at Southampton beach! Great machine for a beginner. :thumbsupanim - Terry

Hi Guys-

Anyone here use or know of anyone who uses a Garrett Ace 250 metal detector for hunting coins? I have a neighbor down the street who has one and he raves about it. I wonder how good a detector that cost only about $200.00 would do against some of the more expensive models. I can't afford much of anything right now but maybe down the road a couple years in the future, it could be an option for me. :hmmmmm:

Steve

I am going to have to agree with Terry. The Garrett 250 is a great machine for coins and such. I would not recommend it for nugget shooting though. But if you are looking for a good coin/jewelry machine, its pretty darn good.

Just remember though that ANY machine is only as good as the time and research the operator puts into it.