Nugget Shooter Forums

Dog Town

JOE DIRT

I spent a couple days up there last year and got a few specks of gold sluicing. For detecting there is a buttload of trash to contend with. I'm sure if you were patient enough and dug every signal you could find something good. If you go there make sure you spend the time to go and visit Bodie because it's well worth the time. There is a free use site you can prospect, see the attachment. Also there are a lot of claims in the area too so have a look at the claims I downloaded from LR2000 and keep your eyes peeled for claim markers.

Here's the GPS coords for Dogtown- N38 09.924 W119 11.678

Here's GPS coords to the place I camped- N38 10.010 W119 11.674

It was a pretty nice place though I didn't get to spend as much time as I wanted. I guess it's a fishing hotspot too because my friend and I woke up with about five fishermen sitting around our campsite with lines in the water. You should have seen the looks on their faces when I informed them the area is an old placer gold prospecting area and that there is a bunch of mercury in the water! :yuk-yuk:

Good luck!

Del

Wher to find Gold page 118.pdf

Dogtown Claims.pdf

Thanks Dell thats a good link, I've been planning to spend some time prospecting up there. Another place in that area is Monoville dry diggings up above the lake. Claims up there too, but I think that's the case with all of California in any area thats worth its salt. You just have to research em out, before you go.

Thanks Dell thats a good link, I've been planning to spend some time prospecting up there. Another place in that area is Monoville dry diggings up above the lake. Claims up there too, but I think that's the case with all of California in any area thats worth its salt. You just have to research em out, before you go.

Hey no problem Wes glad to help. The whole reason I went up there was to go to the Mono diggings but it was cut short because my truck broke down. I've been meaning to head up there again when it warms up so look me up when you decide to go. Maybe we could meet up and camp out.

Del