Nugget Shooter Forums

Big Rock!

A recent find in Northern California. No details yet as to how it was found or how much gold is in it. It could have been eyeballed sunbaking on a gravel bank!

But it shows they are still out there!

Digger Bob

post-413-126937683852_thumb.jpg

Aloha,

WOOF!!!!! Man that is some rock. Looking forward to finding out much much gold you will be getting out of this rock.

Aloha and as usual be safe out there.

Stan aka Ka'imi

The specific gravity test would interest me bigtime to see how much oro puro is in that righteous hunka chunka burning love :thumbsupanim . BUT where would ya find a beaker and a scale big enough to run it on??? Now where is that hydrofloric acid at??? In 55+ years a gold grubbn' I haven't found a single piece that big, I have found much more gold in oz but not size. NOW I HAVE INSPIRATION and I thank you for sharing and next time--don't forget to erase the creek name from the post :inocent: tons a au 2 u 2 -John

Man, that gets the blooding boiling to look for some gold. Let's hope it wasn't found in the National Forest area up there around Quincy or the Gov't will shut that place down too...Jason ;)

Thats a beautiful piece. I was wondering if it would be worth more intact or as is? Or with Gold prices the way they are, would it pay more to extract the Gold? Guess you wouldnt know that until you actually determined how much Gold is in the rock though eh?

The specific gravity test would interest me bigtime to see how much oro puro is in that righteous hunka chunka burning love :thumbsupanim . BUT where would ya find a beaker and a scale big enough to run it on??? Now where is that hydrofloric acid at??? In 55+ years a gold grubbn' I haven't found a single piece that big, I have found much more gold in oz but not size. NOW I HAVE INSPIRATION and I thank you for sharing and next time--don't forget to erase the creek name from the post :inocent: tons a au 2 u 2 -John

Since I posted this, more information has come to light. Specific gravity puts it at 60+ oz, give or take 10%. Also, not found on Spanish Creek but at a small scale mining operation. And it was found several years ago. The picture was forwarded to me by a customer who had forwarded to him by a forward, forward, forward, ect. At any rate, a very nice hunk.

Digger Bob