Nugget Shooter Forums

Hey guys, Nate and I hunted Franconia for a few days. Paul Spears joined us for 2 day to get his first meteorite! We then visited Fritz and Twink at Gold Basin for a hunt.

We also bumped into Moondog and his friends at Franconia, nice meeting you guys!

Here is a link to my photobucket. There you can find photos from our hunt and pictures of my larger Franconias at Moondog's request.

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e145/phxerik/?start=all

[Erik]

Nope, we all came up empty except for Twink. She managed to kill the skunk with a small chondrite. =]

[Erik]

Hi Erik, Ya it was good to meet you, Nate and Paul out there. I had met Nate before at Franconia at like 7 am at camp I think December of 2008, anyways a while ago. Congratulations to Paul on his first find! I'm glad you'all had a good hunt. Nice pics! I look forward to seeing Nate's pics. Thank You for posting the link to your pics of your Franconia 500g+ Biggy you got out there earlier. Oh Man that is a absolutely beautiful Franconia meteorite. WOW!!! See Ya , Clifton

Aloha erik,

As usual you always seem to walk away with some very nice specimens. Am in the process of moving again and hope to make it out there within a couple of weeks.

Aloha and be safe,

Stan aka Ka'imi

It was great to see Nate and Erik at Gold Basin, and I never thought I would be so happy to see such a small complete stone but at that point I was very grateful for any size, and it does have some really interesting bubbly fusion crust that many of them do not have. Thanks for the photos, Erik.

Twink