Nugget Shooter Forums

Weaver gold size?

Fishinbobo

I have gone to the weaver claims the last 2 weeks. Both times I have gotten some really small fine gold. Now I have heard alot of people detecting some of the claims and getting nuggets, but it there a middle ground? Now although I am happy getting what I have been finding so far, I cant help but dream of a few picker sized mixed in the final cleanup of my recirculater.

Also how effecient was the tailings from the octave mine worked over? Is there anything left after the oldtimers left the huge tailing piles(more like tailing mountain)? Or is that whole mess of an area pretty cleaned out?

As always anything anyone can tell me is greatly appreciated, since the only reason I am finding any color at all is from what I have read in the forums!

Thank,

Brian

Sounds like time to go to prospecting basics....

Sample,sample sample.

If your running a recirculating sluice. Go grab some buckets and get material from a bunch or spots and remember to record what your spots are. Then run a few buckets of those spots . seeing what each spot yeilds. Sooner or later you should be able to see some pattern of what ares have more gold or not.

I do not know that area so maybe somebody whom knows the area can chime in ?

Hi Brian! Gold Prospecting 101: Q) Will another gold prospector tell you where they are finding gold? A) NO.

You've got over a thousand acres under your Weaver membership. As the other member said, get out there and sample, sample, sample. When you finally get into a paystreak (with a lot of hard work and learning behind you), and some newbie asks you to tell them where it is, do what 99.9-percent of prospectors do.. Point in the other direction. :arrowheadsmiley: - Terry

I have gone to the weaver claims the last 2 weeks. Both times I have gotten some really small fine gold. Now I have heard alot of people detecting some of the claims and getting nuggets, but it there a middle ground? Now although I am happy getting what I have been finding so far, I cant help but dream of a few picker sized mixed in the final cleanup of my recirculater.

Also how effecient was the tailings from the octave mine worked over? Is there anything left after the oldtimers left the huge tailing piles(more like tailing mountain)? Or is that whole mess of an area pretty cleaned out?

As always anything anyone can tell me is greatly appreciated, since the only reason I am finding any color at all is from what I have read in the forums!

Thank,

Brian