Nugget Shooter Forums

Lost my GPS near Quartzsite..

Landon M

I guess I wont be trusting that belt clip anymore.. If anyone happens to stumble on a brand new garmin gps around south dome rock rd. ( east of quartzsite on I10) feel free contact me. 7026220664

Coming home skunked isnt all that bad, but getting the skunk and coming back with less than I left with.. bummer

Oh well, live and learn. It was my first time down there, the area was beautiful, but I couldnt help but feel 10 yrs late. Really looked like the area had been hit hard.

Thanks for your time,

Landon

My hunting partner lost a really nice camo binoculars off the ATV one season. Turned around and went back up the muddy trail and met a couple from California walking out after a very long trip over the hill. When we found the binoculars the couples had walked almost on top of them and didn't see them. Any way he was happy to get them back.

The other time when I was trying to teach him to use his gps he managed to loose his ATV, good thing I'm there to take care of him.

They are a few "Good Soul's" still out there in the world. They may just find there way home.

More Au to you, Robert

Yup that Garmin belt clip is tricky. I lost my then brand new GPSMap60csx in western maine while hunting last fall. Fortunately I am fairly observant of my surroundings and was able to back track and found it 6 or 8 inches from the edge of a brook I had crossed. I found that when using the belt clip I had to be sure I heard or felt the clip latch and then to be sure I tugged on it. Surprising how many times that tugging released the gps to my hand! :*&$*(: Well I finally broke the clip and bought a small belt pouch with a velcro flap closure. Now I just have to remember to be sure the unit makes it into the pouch! :yuk-yuk: It carries safer now in the pouch rather than swinging in the breeze on that clip. Get yourself a belt pouch from any Cabelas, Big 5 or other sporting goods store. Best move I have ever made for my GPS ... this is the 5th one in last 10 years. BTW ... No I didn't lose the previous 4 units. I killed one and progressively outgrew the other units starting with the base e-Trex years ago.

Hope this helps

Mike F

Thanks for all the comments guys. No luck yet. I knew it was a long shot, but worth a try. One thing that really impressed the crap out me, I got a call from Bob Miles, a quartzsite resident, who after reading this post, called me to get further details on the location so he could go look for it. Its very obvious there are a ton of good guys on this forum, but what a great heart Bob has to go out of his way for a stranger. I believe in life you attract your circumstances, and i was honored to be in alignment with such a good person. We had a great conversation, and im looking foward to hopefully having the pleasure of buy him a beer one day.

Tell you what though.. my next gps is gonna be labelled with the proper info sitting safely and comfortably in a belt pouch. God willing, the next one might even have some gold locations saved, cause the last one sure the hell didnt. LOL

Happy St Pattys Day!

Landon