Nugget Shooter Forums

29 Prospector

frank c

Frank C and all members of the forum,

I'm sorry for being quiet for so long. On the 20th of Jan. I had my right knee replaced again and went home on the 22nd. On the 24th I took a fall and thought that I just strained my back. I was wrong, as the days went by I became unable to walk. A visit to my back doctor revealed that I had broken it in 3 places. I had back surgery on Feb. 11th and I'm now in a rehab facitily. I am able to walk with a walker and hopefully I'll be going home in 2-3 weeks. The doctor has told me that my complete rehab. and healing will talk at least 2-3 years. So the Old 29er will be down for a while, but I'll be around. Just save me a few pieces of yellow stuff. :yuk-yuk:

Ol'29er :olddude::olddude::olddude:

Hey Ol'29er...good to hear from you...keep those positive thoughts

going...I'm sure your a DIY'er so here's an idea..remember I

didn't say good idea...go to a boat dealer and get a oar lock

assembly and bolt it to your walker..then clamp your detector

in that and your good to go beeping...good rehab just in a

different setting....get well soon...

Bob real sorry to hear about all these set backs, I wish you well and sounds like you had better STAY STILL for awhile and let the healing process go on.

The best to you and keep in touch with us when possible for you.

Holy Crap, Bob...When it rains it pours...Dodacious and I send up our prayers for your quick healing.... Just know you've got a bunch of buddies out here in the fields rooting for you and sending you our best...Cheers, Unc

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I plan on going by the book on this one. I may not get another fall or chance to keep walking. The ore lock idea is a good one. I'll ask the doctor what he thinks :rolleyes::rolleyes: He has already told me that driving a stick shift may not be possible anymore. If thats the case I'll have to sell my 92 Toyota and find something with an automatic, :tisk-tisk::tisk-tisk:

Bob :olddude::olddude:

hi bob, sorry to hear about your mishaps but just keep doing what you are suppose to do and don't push it. wishing you all the very best and a speedy recovery. miss your great stories. take care of your self so you can get back out there.

all the best, take care. ron

Inspiration for Ol'29er...

http://positivepause.com/

others may enjoy also...I did..

Garimpo,

Thank you very much. This came at just the right time.

Bob :olddude:

hey bob I am so sorry to hear about your latest set back. ( no pun intended ) you probably dont remember me but i talked with u on the phone a few days before u joined the PCSC club & i cant even remember why (wonderful thing about getting old) but we thought it would be a good time to meet up at the meeting thats the night u were the speaker and it was regarding hard rock mining. anyway we both became members that night but u were so popular that i barely had time to talk to u, u shared some wonderful pictures & things on your lap top with all of us after the meeting but i never really had a chance to talk with u about 67 shovelhead times ( probably best forgotten lol) thats what i had.... but at that time my head was spinning with mining gold detecting, etc. but my work kept me away from really getting into it like i wanted to so i have been less than a member since (besides a few beach hunts here in long beach where i live) guess what i'm tying to say is if u get to the point where u need a driver to get u to where u want to go prospect u can blindfold me & i will drive u to that spot...uhhh ok maybe that wont work but if there is anything i can ever do for u please dont hesitate to call or PM u have been a fountain of info, your stories,cant begin to tell u how intertaining they are. real, fiction,doesn't matter, great stories, and i would love the opportunity to give something back. darn this reminds me that i have to write a check tonite with (late fees) because its march. (sorry ron, carole, micro its in the mail)bob please get better this crazy thing we are into is inpossible without the spirit of people such as you. my prayers are with u and family. ruben..... AKA diggitdawg

hey bob I am so sorry to hear about your latest set back. ( no pun intended ) you probably dont remember me but i talked with u on the phone a few days before u joined the PCSC club & i cant even remember why (wonderful thing about getting old) but we thought it would be a good time to meet up at the meeting thats the night u were the speaker and it was regarding hard rock mining. anyway we both became members that night but u were so popular that i barely had time to talk to u, u shared some wonderful pictures & things on your lap top with all of us after the meeting but i never really had a chance to talk with u about 67 shovelhead times ( probably best forgotten lol) thats what i had.... but at that time my head was spinning with mining gold detecting, etc. but my work kept me away from really getting into it like i wanted to so i have been less than a member since (besides a few beach hunts here in long beach where i live) guess what i'm tying to say is if u get to the point where u need a driver to get u to where u want to go prospect u can blindfold me & i will drive u to that spot...uhhh ok maybe that wont work but if there is anything i can ever do for u please dont hesitate to call or PM u have been a fountain of info, your stories,cant begin to tell u how intertaining they are. real, fiction,doesn't matter, great stories, and i would love the opportunity to give something back. darn this reminds me that i have to write a check tonite with (late fees) because its march. (sorry ron, carole, micro its in the mail)bob please get better this crazy thing we are into is inpossible without the spirit of people such as you. my prayers are with u and family. ruben..... AKA diggitdawg

Ruben,

Thank you for the post and yes I do remember you. The doctor has said it will be at least 1 1/2 to 2 years before I can return to the field, if than. I will begin posting some short stories soon. I'm finishing up my book now and will start on the second in a series of 3, but in between I will do a few short stories.

Bob :olddude:

Sorry to hear about that Bob. I suspect there is a hot nurse at that rehab. :evil1: Heal well and don't rush things.

Frank,

The nurses are ok but the PT gals are really cool :thumbsupanim:thumbsupanim

Bob :olddude::olddude:

Hey Bob ... We'll all know you are well when you actually catch one of those "therapists"! :thumbsupanim

Take it slow and steady so you need only do this once this last time ... looking forward to the stories.

Wishing you steady positive progress! Timing is up to the Big Guy in the Sky! Be a good boy and He might surprise you and let you out sooner than you expect! :inocent:

Heal well and strong!

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update for all to know how things are going.

Learning to walk all over again at age 63 is rough, but doable.

I'm walking pretty good with good balance, so much so, that they released me Wed. 4-7-10 to go home.

I am now home and thankful for all your prayers and thoughts.

Doctor has said no prospecting for 2 years and wants me to take him out dry washing when he says I can start prospecting again.

Bob :olddude::olddude::olddude: