Nugget Shooter Forums

getting permission to use claim?

robbor

Don't know if BLM gives out phone numbers, but in case they don't. Using Geo Communicator then LR2000 you'll get the names and mailing address of the claim holders, some of them might have a listed number. Best of luck to you.

ID the claim using Geocom then go to the county clerk and look it up in the records, sometimes if its a local and a small town they will even know him. Find him and ask and offer a precentage or if its good pay the yearly rental fee.

You will get a no on some of them and a big welcome on others, no rhyme or reason, when I had my claims in Yuma,Az I let everyone who asked use them, the highgraders I ran off.

I beleive most people just want to be asked, use a little tact and you will get a yes more than a no. I have 4 large patented properties I can work ( 1 in ID & 3 in AZ)and got into them strictly by taking to people about gold, some times the owners are not prospectors and have had trouble with highgraders so thats hard to work around.

Ask around the area as to where to local prospectors hangout and go there an get aquainted, for instance the " Crows Nest" in Mead View, AZ , a a cup of coffee or a beer in there will get you plenty of leads.

Driving around in the area you want to work and see some one working, get aquainted! I have got acess to some good claims that way and I always offer to share and if its really good pay their annual rental fee.

In the "Good old days" in Washington state I was driving around in Spokane doing yard sales when I saw a dredge in a yard, stopped and talked to the guy and ended up with permission to work his claim on Sulliavan creek for the summer, costs me $20 for a case of beer.

His was the first claim below the wilderness area and at the end of the road, a lady stopped by one day and told me her husband had died and she owned the next 3 downstream claims and she would like me to dredge them and let her know if they were worth keeping, I could keep all the gold! Worked those claims for 2 summers, all for the price of a case of beer and some idle conversation.

Try it!

Max

Don't know if BLM gives out phone numbers, but in case they don't. Using Geo Communicator then LR2000 you'll get the names and mailing address of the claim holders, some of them might have a listed number. Best of luck to you.

Whats LR2000??? its it a feature i have to check on GC?

robbor,

In the left end of the top tool bar on Geo Communicator the 4th button from the left has an "i" on it and "Identify" written under it. Left click it and it should go from green to brown, if it does it will work.

Go down to the claims you are interested in and left click on it. A "Identify Window" like this random one I picked should open.

post-3372-126799987748_thumb.jpg

Under "Mining Claim - Active" you will see the name of the claim you are interested in and to the left under "Reports" you will see "LR2000 MC Report". Left click "LR2000 MC Report" and another window will open giving you pertinent info on the claim. Including the claimant's name and address, but not their phone number.

In the case of Aqua Fria Gold (fka: Aqua Fria One) it changed claimant and claim name in Nov. 2009 by checking the Active and Closed LR2000 MC Reports. The disclaimer is the Geo Communicator info is not always current or correct, but for your stated purpose it should be ok. If they don't have the claim any more I imagine they will tell you. To verify the Geo Communicator info the best you can is to go to the County Recorder of the county the claim is located in, it is required that claimants record claim info, but not their phone numbers.

Mess with the other buttons and features of Geo Communicator, it offers a lot of different things. I mess with stuff online all the time to see how it works. I haven't crashed and completely fried a PC in about 10 years so... :blink:

Again, some of the claimants might have unlisted phone numbers and the best of luck to you.

robbor,

In the left end of the top tool bar on Geo Communicator the 4th button from the left has an "i" on it and "Identify" written under it. Left click it and it should go from green to brown, if it does it will work.

Go down to the claims you are interested in and left click on it. A "Identify Window" like this random one I picked should open.

post-3372-126799987748_thumb.jpg

Under "Mining Claim - Active" you will see the name of the claim you are interested in and to the left under "Reports" you will see "LR2000 MC Report". Left click "LR2000 MC Report" and another window will open giving you pertinent info on the claim. Including the claimant's name and address, but not their phone number.

In the case of Aqua Fria Gold (fka: Aqua Fria One) it changed claimant and claim name in Nov. 2009 by checking the Active and Closed LR2000 MC Reports. The disclaimer is the Geo Communicator info is not always current or correct, but for your stated purpose it should be ok. If they don't have the claim any more I imagine they will tell you. To verify the Geo Communicator info the best you can is to go to the County Recorder of the county the claim is located in, it is required that claimants record claim info, but not their phone numbers.

Mess with the other buttons and features of Geo Communicator, it offers a lot of different things. I mess with stuff online all the time to see how it works. I haven't crashed and completely fried a PC in about 10 years so... :blink:

Again, some of the claimants might have unlisted phone numbers and the best of luck to you.

Great, I fiugured out how to use it. I typed up 2 letters and sent them off for the mornings mail.