Nugget Shooter Forums

Paydirt, where to get some thats good

• 11 years later...
4 hours ago, AZ Digger said:

I realize how old this thread is, I wonder what ever happened to Randy.

He hasn't sold "Gold Paydirt" in several years, he still has a forum, he moved from Colorado to Texas a few years ago, he posted back in April that he was going to be visiting Colorado for a little prospecting on the Arkansas river.

https://c17a.forumotion.com/t328-still-in-texas-coming-back-to-buena-vista-to-gold-prospect-early-april-2021#1709

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

He hasn't sold "Gold Paydirt" in several years, he still has a forum, he moved from Colorado to Texas a few years ago, he posted back in April that he was going to be visiting Colorado for a little prospecting on the Arkansas river.

https://c17a.forumotion.com/t328-still-in-texas-coming-back-to-buena-vista-to-gold-prospect-early-april-2021#1709

Yup I did see that. Tried to register but needs admin approval and so will see how that goes.

I did a review video of his paydirt some 7 years ago or so, he had good dirt. Would be cool to connect again.

Thanks for the info. 

• 2 weeks later...

I should have posted on this subject years ago. I sold tons (literally) of paydirt, mostly from Rich Hill, AZ and the Cargo Muchacho Mountains in CA. (near the American Girl Mine)
Everything I sold was authentic gold bearing material from known goldfields. I started with drywasher concentrates from Rich Hill and soon learned that people don't like "paydirt" unless they find gold so I had to start salting every bag I shipped out.
Anyone with any mining experience knows that an ounce of gold per ton is incredibly rich. In the real world, you can go through 500 pounds and get nothing. All of the paydirt I sold had gold and it had much more than an ounce per ton. 
The mailman doesn't come out to the goldfields so once you dig the dirt, you have to bring it back to your camp, weigh it, bag it up, salt it, package it, then drive it to the post office in town and pay the postage. Rich Hill to Congress, AZ is about 10 miles over one of the roughest roads in the country. The Cargo Muchacho Mountains are about 15 miles from the post office in Winterhaven, CA and much of the trip is over Sidewinder Road which is usually a terrible washboard. 
Most of my customers were happy. Others were unhappy that they didn't get $50 worth of gold out of a $50 bag. Others were either incompetent and couldn't find the gold I added or they were outright liars. Very few had any idea what it took to get that bag of paydirt from to goldfields to their mailbox and even fewer had any idea how much that little pile of color was worth.   
If I was going to buy "paydirt", I sure wouldn't buy it from someone who is 1,000 miles from any known gold deposits. It probably makes more sense to buy a gram of gold on ebay, dump it into a pan of your own dirt and see how much you can pan out. 

* Be sure to pan over a tub so you don't lose any gold that you wash out of the pan.

Edited by Dakota Slim
  • Like 4

I never thought I’d buy paydirt before but recently got a truckload, and it’s been fun and great exercise processing itI

I’ve been drywashing the DG pile we got delivered for a backyard patio and landscaping project, and my wife is mad about it because she says it wasn’t supposed to be my playsand and she thought I’d be finished with the landscaping project by now.  :inocent:

I found a few specs of flour gold in the half-yard or so I already processed, and have just another three to go!

If anyone wants to come over and have some gold drywashing fun,  just let me know!

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, GotAU? said:

I’ve been drywashing the DG pile we got delivered

Saw working sand on a Gold Fever show, and got some from Home Depot for a run.  I was hoping the dirt I got was from the local San Domingo Wash Gravel pit, which I doubt, and didn’t find anything.  THe dirt I got could have been from any pit anywhere that went in the bag.

Silly as it sounds, I think that would be a Funtime.

At work, I offer up “Anyone with a strong back is welcome to come out and dig holes with me and can keep any golf they find.  Anyone without a strong back is still welcome.”  I’ve never had a taker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2