Nugget Shooter Forums

Rattlesnake Proof your Dog / Clinic

Hi ,

I remember reading the post about rattlesnakes and hearing how a couple list members lost their dogs to rattlesnake bites. I decided to have my dog Brix trained to avoid rattlesnakes. Last year while on a walk, Brix turned and would not go

up a trail and took off towards my truck. My only thoughts is that he may have smelled or heard a rattlesnake. This year before the Tucson show we stopped by Vipervoidance for a refresher class on rattlesnakes. It was the same result, Brix caught the smell of the snakes and turned around and ran the other direction.

Jim Walkington will be offering a rattlesnake avoidance class on April 24th and on the 25th depending on response. Contact the kingman Animal hospital at 928-757-4011 to get signed up. The cost will be $ 75.00 per dog.

Thanks,

Sonny

http://www.vipervoidance.com/

http://www.nevadameteorites.com/nevadameteorites/Snake_Avoidance_training_2.html

Aloha,

Definitely worth every penny to protect your best buddy from them little critters. Mahalo for the link.

Aloha and as usual be safe out there.

Stan aka Ka'imi

We have lots of rattlers here on our ranch never had a dog get bit. I catch a large harmless gopher snake and set it by the dog or hold it so it bites the curious dog on the nose. My dog will not even get near a piece of rope on the ground. He has remembered that incident for years. Works for me. Bob

We have lots of rattlers here on our ranch never had a dog get bit. I catch a large harmless gopher snake and set it by the dog or hold it so it bites the curious dog on the nose. My dog will not even get near a piece of rope on the ground. He has remembered that incident for years. Works for me. Bob

Hey Bob, I think that's a great idea we just moved onto a ranch and I know we will be seeing some rattlers here soon. I'll have to keep my eye out for something like that to use as an example. I might let the kids see the dog get bit as well that should keep them away from any snakes to. We have twin boys that are three and fearless.