Nugget Shooter Forums

Franconia

Nice to see some old friends and some new ones. I got my largest one to date 247 grams not huge. I came around the bush and there it was all by Its lonesome. Its great to swing the detector over something and get a single. Three days out of the week I only got small 1+ gram irons easy to get discouraged and quit but you just have to get out there and kept swinging.One fellow saw two sidewinders in one day.

post-21967-12675050387_thumb.jpg

post-21967-12675050794_thumb.jpg

post-21967-126750512102_thumb.jpg

post-21967-126750515595_thumb.jpg

post-21967-126750530894_thumb.jpg

post-21967-126750533901_thumb.jpg

post-21967-126750540715_thumb.jpg

post-21967-126750545295_thumb.jpg

post-21967-126750549015_thumb.jpg

Aloha guys,

Nice looking specimens you got there. I especially like the iron as it shows some great character.

Two sidewinders in one day, already? Guess this summer may prove to be very challenging out at Franconia this year.

Aloha and be safe out there.

Stan aka Ka'imi

Boondog, Very Nice finds man!!! The big one is cool, but those irons have just wonderful character to them!! So nice!!! Great Pics! I sure know what it's like to spend a whole day swinging in a strewn field and find nothing, but like you say just tap into the stubborn and keep going and it will pay off. Great!!! Clifton

Boondog, Very Nice finds man!!! The big one is cool, but those irons have just wonderful character to them!! So nice!!! Great Pics! I sure know what it's like to spend a whole day swinging in a strewn field and find nothing, but like you say just tap into the stubborn and keep going and it will pay off. Great!!! Clifton

Thanks guys it sure is addictive, hunting meteorites. Well it's better then some other habits I'v had in the past, plus people still want to hang around you with this habit, not true of other addiction. See you out there I hope.

Tim

Thanks for sharing Boondog!!! Nice to know meteorites are still being found, as I'm planning a trip to Franconia in two weeks.

Ordered my Snake Gaurdz today too! ;)

If you all would like to check out more pics of this trip to Franconia, go to my web site click the New Franconia text. Thanks

My link

If you all would like to check out more pics of this trip to Franconia, go to my web site click the New Franconia text. Thanks

My linkhttp://www.mineralexpeditions.com