Nugget Shooter Forums

Mining Claims & Dredging

arborlis

Has anyone had good luck locating abandoned mining claims? Are permits still being issued in California despite the dredging ban? I hear that some folks are continuing to dredge despite the ban. Anyone have a comment on this? Anyone dredging in Oregon this season.

Has anyone had good luck locating abandoned mining claims? Are permits still being issued in California despite the dredging ban? I hear that some folks are continuing to dredge despite the ban. Anyone have a comment on this? Anyone dredging in Oregon this season.

arborlis,

The best resource to check the “status” of mining claims past and present is the LR2000. Some have said it’s a bit challenging to learn how to use but it will provide correct info on status, it is however about 4 to 6 weeks behind from being current.

Here’s a few links.....

http://www.blm.gov/lr2000/

http://www.blm.gov/lr2000/LR2000_How_to_use_guide_reports.pdf

As to the dredging ban, most miners are obeying this stupid law and don't want to make things worse for the rest of us. I guess it's a call the individual has to make.

Gary

Can you afford a $1,000 fine, a year in jail and loss of your equipment and what brung ya?? What you do has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on dredging in Kalif. Get the newest GPAA mag and listen up on SB670 article including the Keene comments. The environutz/Karuk/fishermen coalition have lawsuits and injunctions already done and waitn' to be date stamped and filed to close it all down once again if/when/ever it starts again(2012??). The $1.5 mill operating cost(for nothing) to administer the program will be split among the user group as mandated by law now and your 2" dredge will cost around $600 and a 6" around $2K on a proposed sliding scale--oh and site specific and for a tiny amount a time.. just some of the proposed horrors. Highbanking and metal detecting are a better idea(buy a proline as a real dual use machine with no lousy bars for dredging) and be a much happier wealthier miner-tons a au 2 u 2 -John :zip-lip:

Well stupid is as stupid does. The SB is stupid. But more than anything else there is something being voted on by the supreme court right now that may help. Right now the Supreme Court is voting on whether Chicago and other city/state's are able to uphold their own gun ban laws. What the hell does this have to do with dredging in California, you ask?

Just this. SB was set up and enforced by the State of California. Of course it overrides the rights of all miners/prospectors and circumvents the Constitutionality of our laws we have followed for many years. That being said, if the Supreme Court overrides the IL/Chicago ban on guns, that may set precedence on states being able to circumvent our Constitutional Rights.

I do feel that the right to defend yourself has as much impact as the right to mine and vice versa. :twocents:

Hate to break it to you HPS but the Supreme Court set that precedent a long time ago before the civil war. John Calhoun and his "Doctrine of Nullification" pretty much said states have the right to ignore federal law. Supreme Court came back and said "NOPE, you can't do that" and then they had a war over it to decide who was right.

The problem with laws is that they have to be honored by those in power. Judges seem to ignore the law whenever they want and "interpret" it however they please. Law makers haven't a clue what the laws even are, hell even the law enforcement, for the most part, do not even know the laws beyond the common citations they hand out to fill their quota's. Ask one question, to three different people in a single agency, and get three different answers. Precedence seems to mean what every they feel like at that moment.

I grew up rebelling against the authorities. I've spent a lot of time during my younger years incarcerated for being rebellious. I never was a snitch though. About 14 years ago I had a miraculous change of heart and I've never looked back. As I've grown older and wiser I've learned many important principals which has allowed me to see the world for what it truly is. One thing is certain, and history has proven this time and again; it is the fact that man is constantly struggling for the basic freedoms the founding fathers believed in. The evil designs of conspiring men. Give that sentence some deep thought. Our modern government has labeled it's citizens the nations biggest threat. Secret oaths and secret combinations have propelled corrupt individuals to the highest offices in the land. There seems to be an undertone of fascist Marxism attacking the economy from the highest levels. For over two centuries European interests and corporations have used incrementalism as their grand strategy to gain control of the our government. They could not beat us toe to toe on the battle field, so they concocted their devious and diabolical scheme in secret chambers. Mayer Amschel Rothschild once said, let me issue and control a country's money, and I care not who writes her laws. It is common knowledge that the Rothschild family owns 53% of the federal reserve; with the Rockefellers owning 8%. Over the centuries our nation has been sold out in increments through bribery, and the use of corrupt politicians to introduce and pass legislation geared towards eliminating our constitutional rights. If 95% of the Karuks oppose the moratorium on dredging then wisdom says that the integrity of their tribal leaders has been compromised. It's obvious they're being bribed as part of a grander scheme to break the backs of middle class America. Impoverished citizens pose a lesser threat because they are mentally and spiritually weak. I believe that poverty has a grinding effect that can wreak havoc on one's soul. There is a much bigger picture here. I'm not an alarmist, but there is too much evidence to ignore the fact that there is a rising new world order. Perhaps even a Fourth Reich. Give this quote from Thomas Jefferson careful consideration. I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs. This my friends will be the determining cause of the people's ability, or inability to maintain their freedoms now and in the future. Revolt is immanent. The federal reserve act of 1913 is unconstitutional. It gives foreigners, Anti Americans, power to issue and control our dollars. What about the missing 13th amendment, or the fact that the 16th amendment was never ratified, making income tax illegal. What about the fact that the crash of 1929 was orchestrated, an the modern recession as well? What happened to the nine trillion dollars that came up missing during this last hiatus? Is it logical to believe that if you want to stimulate an economy you give money to those who will spend it? The stimulus money was given to those who need it least, and subsidized by those who need it most. They own the media and shout economic crisis, economic crisis, scaring the people into hording their money and causing a recession. They further their plans by not making loans, and taking money out of circulation; thus deflating the economy even more. They assassinated Lincoln, Garfield and Kennedy, two of which printed debt free treasury notes. They can't let the secret out, or other nations will learn the secret to money. The retraction act of 1866? Forget the issue in California for moment and consider H.R.699. If this bill makes it through committee, then small scale mining as we know it in the USA may become nothing more than a hiss and a byword. If you chip away at a mountain long enough it will incrementally be reduced to rubble. So it is with modern America. I've come to the conclusion that the British Empire never completely lost the Revolution. The Revolution continues in the hearts and minds of those American citizens who have the foresight and wisdom to understand what's truly happening. When the average Joe awakens from his slumber and realizes that he has been disarmed and hog tied, it will then be too late. I encourage everyone that reads this to study history; indeed remember what it takes to survive when the proverbial crap hits the fan. Every man should have at least a one year supply of food, water, clothing, fuel, and other necessities of life. When it happens, it will happen fast, and the time to prepare will have ended, leaving all at the mercy of a brutal dictatorship. The tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

The Proline equipment is nice, but their prices are thru the roof! I began fabricating and TIG welding some things with aluminum this winter. When occasion permits I will and make my own equipment. This isn't a good time to be frivolous with money.

If anyone is interested in long term food storage, a few years ago I bought a half ton of grains from wheat Montana. They ensure the grains are dried to its proper moisture content, then hermetically seal it with oxygen absorption packs in six gallon pails. Branches of the LDS church will often make group purchases, this lowers costs and allows folks to pick up their food when the truck arrives. Grains are the staff of life and will maintain their integrity for decades if stored in a cool place at a constant temperature. Food storage is a hedge against whatever life can throw at you. A global food shortage could allow governments to maintain leverage and disarm families. Two loaves and some peanut butter for that 12 gauge buddy? The last global climate shift, or little ice age ended in 1850, it destroyed crops and caused massive starvation. A large meteor or volcanic eruption could cause the next climate shift. Gold is also a hedge, if and when the current system collapses. If anyone is interested in a good read, I've attached a document that explains the history of fractional reserve banking. Cheers!

The History of the Money changers.doc

Hate to break it to you HPS but the Supreme Court set that precedent a long time ago before the civil war. John Calhoun and his "Doctrine of Nullification" pretty much said states have the right to ignore federal law. Supreme Court came back and said "NOPE, you can't do that" and then they had a war over it to decide who was right.

The problem with laws is that they have to be honored by those in power. Judges seem to ignore the law whenever they want and "interpret" it however they please. Law makers haven't a clue what the laws even are, hell even the law enforcement, for the most part, do not even know the laws beyond the common citations they hand out to fill their quota's. Ask one question, to three different people in a single agency, and get three different answers. Precedence seems to mean what every they feel like at that moment.

Yes your right of course Sean, but as I stated the Supreme Court is hashing it out once again. They are once again determining whether the State of Illinois and the City of Chicago are contrary to the Constitution. I am only making a correlation between the circumvention of our National Gun laws and the circumvention of our National Mining laws.

Many of us use both....at the same time. Constitutional law is being fought on many fronts and the more victories for it, the better.

In speaking of the "Doctrine of Nullification", popular Congressional opinion was that it was a seditious act and did pass the "Force Bill" in the US senate. The Force Bill allowed the President to send in troops to enforece Federal law.......hehehe....I hardly think that our current President would do such a thing....2012 is coming.

Yes your right of course Sean, but as I stated the Supreme Court is hashing it out once again. They are once again determining whether the State of Illinois and the City of Chicago are contrary to the Constitution. I am only making a correlation between the circumvention of our National Gun laws and the circumvention of our National Mining laws.

Many of us use both....at the same time. Constitutional law is being fought on many fronts and the more victories for it, the better.

In speaking of the "Doctrine of Nullification", popular Congressional opinion was that it was a seditious act and did pass the "Force Bill" in the US senate. The Force Bill allowed the President to send in troops to enforece Federal law.......hehehe....I hardly think that our current President would do such a thing....2012 is coming.

I hope you're right and that it ends up working for us, but my faith in the system is rapidly deteriorating.

Well, Chicago just cancelled my ship's summer tour, so it ain't just about guns where they have their heads up their arses!...The strange part to me is that a strawbroker in Illinois is who sold me my Browning DBA 380!.....Gary (slowly becoming rather pissed off Gary)