Nugget Shooter Forums

Hello and Thank you

Hi my name is Aaron. I came across these forums a few weeks ago and have been reading the wealth of information offered here. I want to thank all the contributing members for sharing there knowledge and beautiful finds. About myself Iam 28yrs old and live in Las Vegas, NV born and raise. My interest for meteorite hunting started 15 years ago with my Dad and I hunting meteorites outside Flagstaff, AZ. something about holding a piece of space rock I was just drawn to it like a magnet. 15 years later I remember the great times I had with my father and after watching of all things meteorite men (probally some chuckles) I had that small old burn re-ignite. That got me into doing some research and ended up at Mr.Meteroite's webpage read and watched every piece of info I could. Thank you Mr. Ruben Garcia awsome information and videos!

This weekend 2/27 my girlfriend and I decided to head out to Franconia we had a few hours of nice weather and hunting until the weather started to get nasty. Really miss my f-150 I traded in for a Scion XD now. Well no luck this time but we'll be back again, Iam determined to score me a nice piece of Franconia and one day find my own strewn field. Hope I dont step on anyones feet here as Iam a novice and thank you all very much for the knowlegde you share.

-Aaron

Aloha Aaron,

Good luck out at Franconia but Gold Basin is a LOT closer even though you have to put up with the DAM traffic. Sorry for the pun but I just had to say it!arrowheadsmiley.png

Aloha and be safe out there.

Stan aka Ka'imi

Thanks for the warm welcome! =) Iam probally going to head over to Gold Basin this weekend or possibly next weekend. We went to Franconia this time becuase I took the girlfriend down to Laughlin for a little vacation before she starts her trade school. Figured it was in the area and I'd get the two for one effect. Take her out for a day and Id get to go meteorite hunting for a day. haha Suprising she had a good time hunting and she wants to go again. I said in my first post that I didnt think we found anything. But I think she might of found a couple small fragments that the magnet sucks up and seem to have the characteristics. Ill have to hold off on saying forsure.

Good luck and happy hunting everyone!

Aaron