Nugget Shooter Forums

Franconia and Gold Basin outing

Just wanted to say that my friend Mike and I had a great time Thursday and Friday. It was nice meeting Curt, Steve, Frank, Jason and Dale. Jason found a nice one at Gold Basin Friday. My friend Mike had never even heard of meteorite hunting up until a few days ago when I invited him to go with. He ended up finding a 250 + gram (my scale only goes to 250 but its probably around a 270) Franconia on Thursday for his first find. Were planning on giving it another go this coming week.

Nice meeting you all.

Hope to see you again soon,

Jimmy

post-23008-126732197838_thumb.jpg

post-23008-126732199889_thumb.jpg

Aloha,

Well, the hook has been set!arrowheadsmiley.png Watch and wait to see how long before he goes out and buys a metal detector.

Awesome find for a first timer out to Franconia. Great pics.

Aloha,

Stan aka Ka'imi

Hi Stan,

It's good to see your group had a good hunt at Franconia. Tell your friend Mike that the stone he found, is very pretty, not just a large find. For a newbie, freeking outstanding. You probably could have run a nuclear reactor on the rush he felt when he made that first awesome Frankie. Tell him congrats. Stan (kahuna lappa au), you're really teaching them well.

Ben

Now that's how to find a meteorite!!!!!! Congrats on the nice Franconia. They are getting harder to find out there for sure. I need to get back down there myself before the heat sets in... Jason ;)

Hi Stan,

It's good to see your group had a good hunt at Franconia. Tell your friend Mike that the stone he found, is very pretty, not just a large find. For a newbie, freeking outstanding. You probably could have run a nuclear reactor on the rush he felt when he made that first awesome Frankie. Tell him congrats. Stan (kahuna lappa au), you're really teaching them well.

Ben

Aloha Ben,

Sorry but I cant credit for this one Ben. Dude found it all on his own. Unfortunately I had to play limo driver for a bunch of high muckymucks this week in Las Vegas in preparation for the Nascar races. I am also going to have to get out to Franconia before all the newbies get the big ones there first time out. So much for beginners luck eh! I know that feeling for sure.thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Aloha and hope you had a great birfday.

Stan aka Ka'imi

Jimmy, Wow!!! You and your friend Mike had some fantastic luck for a first time find! That is a nice one, with excellent character. Shoot, I started a Franconia with two zip days, an a 24 grammer at the end of the third day, and then had to work my way up in weights. I bet your friend Mike hasn't stopped smiling yet. Great Job!!! Clifton

Hey Jimmy, that piece of iron sure looks familiar, great find.

You and Mike were great to hunt with. I hope we can do it again sometime. Curt left early Saturday and I went to Franconia for the day. I found two that I am not sure about. One is similar in size to the one Mike found and one smaller. I hunted on the same side of the road and just a little south of were Mike found his. I will post photos tomorrow and get some in-put from the forum to see if they are the real deal or not.

Steve

When you put that one in my hand I said EXCELLENT find, keep up the good work. I wish we could have had that luck at the basin but it wasn't to be that day.

Great meeting you all. Hapy Huntn

Frank.

We left without thanking you for all your help and showing us good places to hunt on Friday. I hope we can do it again sometime. Thanks Frank.

Steve

Frank,

It was great meeting you and appreciate the time you took to show us around. I will hope to get back there. Going to Arkansas and Western Colo over the next 2 months. If you get a chance to send the picture you took, I would like a copy. Always good memories. Good hunting! Curt

WOW , I am gettn old almost forgot that pic till I downloaded the camera for some other pics.

Here ya go This was a good crew.

If ya cant copy from here send me your e-mail address in a P.M. and I'll send it direct to you

post-562-126778895706_thumb.jpg