Nugget Shooter Forums

3500 settings for hotrocks

nvchris

Hi Chris...I'm no expert but here goes...I don't have any trouble with hot rocks...

because I dig every signal...I refuse to reduce my sensetivity..don't want to miss

the deep stuff...but if I was lazy and didn't want to do all that digging here's

where I would start...all switches that have a "N" setting aka "normal" put them

there...then go to the biggest DD coil that you can afford...hope this helps....

Hey Chris...that is what some call "reverse discrimation"...give this a try...the next

time you hit a hot rock stay GB to the soil a short distance away from the hot rock and

make sure no more are under your coil...then GB to the hot rock and then go back to the

"clean" ground and throw down a small nugget and see what happens AFTER you GB to the

hot rock....

I don't think there is any way to knock out completely all hot rocks without losing

gold in the process...down here in the Eucalyptus tress where I was yesterday morning

before reading your post above...I was digging red crusty looking hot rocks with my

4000...one was about 12" deep and I was using a Coiltek 17" Ele. DD....but I was also

running full sensitivity(15) on the 4000....I was beeping an area that I found where

somebody had left 5 large and deep dig holes so I was trying to see if they had left any

deep gold...I think they were also digging hot rocks...

Another note...some people say they can tell a hot rock from gold...I've detected behind

some of those folks and found gold they thought was hot rocks...I think their only

right about 90% of the time...so if I dig 100% of their left behind targets and only

get 10% that is gold I'm good to go with that....

Hey Chris...that is what some call "reverse discrimation"...give this a try...the next

time you hit a hot rock stay GB to the soil a short distance away from the hot rock and

make sure no more are under your coil...then GB to the hot rock and then go back to the

"clean" ground and throw down a small nugget and see what happens AFTER you GB to the

hot rock....

My guess would be that the small nugget is undetected, or at best is a very weak signal that probably would be ignored, depending on how hot the rock is. Cheers.

I would recommend using the Medium GB speed option and pay attention to the original response compared to the response after 3 or 4 passes, usually a hot rock will become much quieter than a good target. Also lifting the coil helps, a hot rocks signal is much weaker size wise compared to a nugget so will not carry anywhere near the distance.

JP