Nugget Shooter Forums

Rye, AZ

PYRATE

Anyone know the conditions at the GPAA claim near Rye???...I'm thinking of giving it a try with a two inch dredge, but at five miles to the gallon, a little inquiry will possibly save me some bucks...Thanks, Gary.........(I'm in Morristown )

Hi Gary,

OMG! Even tanks and halftracks get better mileage than that. It must cost you a bundle just to pick up stamps at the Post Office. Just about ANYTHING new or used, will get better mileage. Hell, cabfare is probably cheaper. You can buy a new Minelabs 4500 on the gas money you save the first year. Please tell us how we can get you into a different set of wheels.

Best Regards, Ben

Thanks Ben! The one ton's the only rig I have along right now..(pulling trailer)..but I treat it lke my old Landcruiser.....Cabfare..I can see it now "excuse me mr. cabby, where can I stow this here dredge??"..I'm headed that way tomorrow, hopefully it isn't too snotty on the trail in right now!..If I can make it this way next winter, I'll be havin' a second vehicle along..Wife couldn't make it this winter....It does carry a lotta gear though..several dredges, sluices, a highbanker..etc.....lookin' for a Sammy for next year.

Well, we're back from Rye. Gorgeous place, but greasy isn't the word for it. Plenty of folks camped around there, so even tho' the road was snot, it was really tore up...The one ton dually was kind of a champ, as at least the dual spanned some of the rut,s keepin' the differential from high centering..That said, overcast, chilly, but more importantly, four hours of hard shovelling, and only three flyspec's....Don't think I'll be doing that one again!....(more gold in the drive here in LSD)...