Nugget Shooter Forums

Arizona Mining & Mineral Museum's Future

AZ4AU

Hello All,

I was informed about some info pertaining to the Arizona Mining and Mineral Museum at our club meeting last night . We need all Arizonan's to respond so that our voices are heard .

Below is the info that was forwarded to me today.

Subject: Arizona Mining & Mineral Museum's Future

Club Leaders and Interested Individuals

It is very important that this information be sent to all members so that actions can be taken immediately!

There are several things we can do to voice our opinions on the proposed destruction of the Arizona Mining & Mineral Museum by the Centennial Commission. The following facts have been obtained from the Governors address at the museum on February 12th and her Web page. The Centennial Project does not include the outside displays or the mineral displays in the museum, including the Copper Gallery ($40,000) and the Mine to You project ($60,000). There have been many other speculations that have been identified, but I will only use what is fact.

Legal Actions

The first action, that is going to be presented shortly, is to remove the Arizona Mining & Mineral Museum from the statutes and replace it with the Arizona Centennial Museum. They have to change the laws to allow the development of the new museum. If we wait until this is done, it will be too late to effect changes.

We need to get to our representatives and voice your opinion. We must get this voice out ASAP! It is preferable to use mail or fax, but an Email would suffice. I have the placed the Web page to access the state representatives so you can communicate with your representative. To contact your legislators or find their direct phone numbers, click on Legislators or paste http://www.azleg.gov/MemberRoster.asp into your browser. If you're outside the Phoenix area, you can call your legislators' offices toll free at 1-800-352-8404. In the Phoenix area call (602) 926-3559 (Senate) or (602) 926-4221 (House) and ask them to connect you with your legislators.

What to Say

You should simply express your concerns with the museum closing. This message should not be derogatory towards the Centennial project, but address the impact of the loss of the museum to our education of the children and adults to minerals and mining in Arizona. You can add your personal experiences at the museum to show its value to you and other individuals.

Spread the Word

We must get this word out that we want to keep the minerals and mining artifacts at the Arizona Mining & Mineral Museum.

Take a look at the Governors Blog http://politicomafioso.blogspot.com/2010/02/governor-jan-brewer-announces.html

I have submitted comments that you should read

If you have ANY Questions, please respond to this Email or call me at 623-556-3964

Thanks for your support!

Charlie Connell

Chairman of the Board

Friends of the Arizona Mining & Mineral Museum

Mike, can I copy and paste this letter to our websites? - Terry

Hello All,

I was informed about some info pertaining to the Arizona Mining and Mineral Museum at our club meeting last night . We need all Arizonan's to respond so that our voices are heard .

Below is the info that was forwarded to me today.

Subject: Arizona Mining & Mineral Museum's Future

Club Leaders and Interested Individuals

It is very important that this information be sent to all members so that actions can be taken immediately!

There are several things we can do to voice our opinions on the proposed destruction of the Arizona Mining & Mineral Museum by the Centennial Commission. The following facts have been obtained from the Governors address at the museum on February 12th and her Web page. The Centennial Project does not include the outside displays or the mineral displays in the museum, including the Copper Gallery ($40,000) and the Mine to You project ($60,000). There have been many other speculations that have been identified, but I will only use what is fact.

Legal Actions

The first action, that is going to be presented shortly, is to remove the Arizona Mining & Mineral Museum from the statutes and replace it with the Arizona Centennial Museum. They have to change the laws to allow the development of the new museum. If we wait until this is done, it will be too late to effect changes.

We need to get to our representatives and voice your opinion. We must get this voice out ASAP! It is preferable to use mail or fax, but an Email would suffice. I have the placed the Web page to access the state representatives so you can communicate with your representative. To contact your legislators or find their direct phone numbers, click on Legislators or paste http://www.azleg.gov/MemberRoster.asp into your browser. If you're outside the Phoenix area, you can call your legislators' offices toll free at 1-800-352-8404. In the Phoenix area call (602) 926-3559 (Senate) or (602) 926-4221 (House) and ask them to connect you with your legislators.

What to Say

You should simply express your concerns with the museum closing. This message should not be derogatory towards the Centennial project, but address the impact of the loss of the museum to our education of the children and adults to minerals and mining in Arizona. You can add your personal experiences at the museum to show its value to you and other individuals.

Spread the Word

We must get this word out that we want to keep the minerals and mining artifacts at the Arizona Mining & Mineral Museum.

Take a look at the Governors Blog http://politicomafioso.blogspot.com/2010/02/governor-jan-brewer-announces.html

I have submitted comments that you should read

If you have ANY Questions, please respond to this Email or call me at 623-556-3964

Thanks for your support!

Charlie Connell

Chairman of the Board

Friends of the Arizona Mining & Mineral Museum

Schedule for the Bill (urgent) !!!!

Friends and Club Contacts

I have just received the schedule for the Bill that will remove the Arizona Mining & Mineral Musuem from the State statutes.

The House Committee on Natural Resources and Rural Affairs has posted a new agenda on the State Legislature's website. HB2617 is on the agenda, and mining amendments are mentioned. The amendments that discuss the details of the changes, however, have not been posted. Here's the URL for the meeting agenda:

http://www.azleg.gov/agendas/0222012793.pdf

The meeting is on Monday 2/22, 2pm, Room HHR4. Lots of bills are on the

agenda, so this will probably be a very long meeting.

Charlie Connell