Nugget Shooter Forums

Tucson Gem and Mineral Show take

John B.

Hi All

I almost had to sell the farm this year to afford the show :shrug: . I just don't know why Harry Reed sends his citizens down here for babysittin :hmmmmm: . This fellow always seems to make me want to blow a wad :whaaaa: . Although he was like Santa Clause this year and brought me a book and a nugget :thumbsupanim . Well here's a picture of the loot. Top left to right , cut amathyst, citrene , ruby , emerald. center 10cents

bottom left to right 3 rough perido one etheopian fire opal and one dos che che rat turd lookin nugget ( the only one that didn't cost a fortune) :tisk-tisk: . All of these beauties sittin on a fantastic book that will take weeks to read by Reno Chris Ralph :wub: . I also had the fortune of treating Chris to see the THING :yikes: !! I did have fun as usual :hahaha: . Happy Huntin John B.

post-1056-126635513148_thumb.jpg

post-1056-126635515482_thumb.jpg

John those are really beautiful. I must admit I know nothing about these stones, except that they are gorgeous! What does a emerald that size cost at retail? - Terry

Hi All

I almost had to sell the farm this year to afford the show :shrug: . I just don't know why Harry Reed sends his citizens down here for babysittin :hmmmmm: . This fellow always seems to make me want to blow a wad :whaaaa: . Although he was like Santa Clause this year and brought me a book and a nugget :thumbsupanim . Well here's a picture of the loot. Top left to right , cut amathyst, citrene , ruby , emerald. center 10cents

bottom left to right 3 rough perido one etheopian fire opal and one dos che che rat turd lookin nugget ( the only one that didn't cost a fortune) :tisk-tisk: . All of these beauties sittin on a fantastic book that will take weeks to read by Reno Chris Ralph :wub: . I also had the fortune of treating Chris to see the THING :yikes: !! I did have fun as usual :hahaha: . Happy Huntin John B.

Hey John,

I managed to get to the TCC on Sunday. As usual, it was overwhelming. There was a Kunzite specimen from Brazil located in one of the center show cases that was insane. I picked up a modest 2 specimens... Red beryl(bixbyite) with topaz, and a nice amethyst from a mine I never made it to yet in Southern AZ. The etheopian opals were very nice, and I now wish I had picked up a few. It was good to see some familiar faces though I did not bother to talk much.

post-1117-126637748131_thumb.jpg

post-1117-126637746729_thumb.jpg

Adam, if you ever need some Ethiopian opal, John B is the guy to take with you. We talked with an Ethiopian opal dealer who was packing up. John had him so baffled and bamboozled, that he almost gave John every stone he had - he even almost gave John his lunch as well. I am sure if John would have pulled a roll of cash out of his pocket, that guy would have followed us around until John purchased a lifetime supply of opal. Last year I almost got John to buy a $20,000 emerald specimen that had been dropped, broken and glued back together by a 5 year old (and the seller even admitted it had been damaged).

I am highly indebted to John for several things, but THE THING is the most amazing. I have long known of Northern Arizona's most popular tourist attraction, the Grand Canyon. Thanks to John, I have now seen Southeastern Arizona's most popular attraction - THE THING. I also now understand why no one visits southeastern Arizona.

I also had the privilege of watching the gold basin episode of "Meteorite Men" with John on TV. The guys on the show were interesting, but the real meteorite man was sitting on the couch across the living room from me. About 25% of the show was tape John made in the early days, but he was only mentioned as a part of the "crew".

John, I had a great time, and while I don't know what wonderful adventure we'll get into next year, I have no doubt that it will be fun. Maybe we'll get hauled off to jail for meteorite theft off federal lands, perhaps we'll be shot at by Mexican drug runners, or washed away in a flash flood. It might even be a minor adventure like getting arrested for illegal parking at the county VD clinic during the gem show in Tucson. What ever it is, it will be like nothing I have ever experienced before.

If you can make it up this way John, I'll see what I can do to get a few hundred crazed and drunken Clampers real angry with us - because that could be an adventure (yes, I know that drunken Clampers is redundant, but some folks don't know this).

Chris

John it must have been a hoot sounds like you and Chris had one hell of a time,I will have to watch the episode of no credit,that is show biz, Hope chris got you straightened out on your poo. or should i say he helped you get your poo together,

Hey Chris! This is the funniest post I have read in a LONG time! Thank you - and John, for making me pee in my pants, while rolling on the floor laughing my you know what off! :hahaha: :hahaha: "..I also now understand why no one visits southeastern Arizona." - :whaaaa: OMG! I'm still spitting coffee on my keyboard! :hahaha: :hahaha: - Terry

Adam, if you ever need some Ethiopian opal, John B is the guy to take with you. We talked with an Ethiopian opal dealer who was packing up. John had him so baffled and bamboozled, that he almost gave John every stone he had - he even almost gave John his lunch as well. I am sure if John would have pulled a roll of cash out of his pocket, that guy would have followed us around until John purchased a lifetime supply of opal. Last year I almost got John to buy a $20,000 emerald specimen that had been dropped, broken and glued back together by a 5 year old (and the seller even admitted it had been damaged).

I am highly indebted to John for several things, but THE THING is the most amazing. I have long known of Northern Arizona's most popular tourist attraction, the Grand Canyon. Thanks to John, I have now seen Southeastern Arizona's most popular attraction - THE THING. I also now understand why no one visits southeastern Arizona.

I also had the privilege of watching the gold basin episode of "Meteorite Men" with John on TV. The guys on the show were interesting, but the real meteorite man was sitting on the couch across the living room from me. About 25% of the show was tape John made in the early days, but he was only mentioned as a part of the "crew".

John, I had a great time, and while I don't know what wonderful adventure we'll get into next year, I have no doubt that it will be fun. Maybe we'll get hauled off to jail for meteorite theft off federal lands, perhaps we'll be shot at by Mexican drug runners, or washed away in a flash flood. It might even be a minor adventure like getting arrested for illegal parking at the county VD clinic during the gem show in Tucson. What ever it is, it will be like nothing I have ever experienced before.

If you can make it up this way John, I'll see what I can do to get a few hundred crazed and drunken Clampers real angry with us - because that could be an adventure (yes, I know that drunken Clampers is redundant, but some folks don't know this).

Chris

Hi All

Terry the emerald is for sale :unsure: !! Just make me an offer and I'll pry it out of Sweetpeas hands :hmmmmm: !! Ah what the hell she'll get over it :shrug: . I should have offered it to the ethiopian opal dealer in trade for his booth and banana :huh: !! It would only be funny if you were there :) !! John the Weather was cold I think were headed for an ice age, thanks Gore :whaaaa: !! Yea Chris I had a great time maybe one of these days Pieter and Deborah will let me move their gold :rolleyes: !! I'll bet I can beat him in the 50 yard dash ;) !! Going downhill with a good tail wind :o . Maybe next year we can plan a big tour guided event and buy up a bunch of rooms full of rocks while were at it :stupidrb: ?? Happy Huntin John B.