Nugget Shooter Forums

Kind of New.....

torment59

confused0082[1].gifmad0228[1].gif I just got my first claim about a year ago... Its here in So. Or. Lets just say around the Applegate area.

Its a very shallow creek,with the exception of a few pot holes...made by long ago Chinese. anyways....How do I get under the bedrock??

Thats where the GOLD is most likely hiding right?? Y''ah I find gold...Usually after a big wash out ,or a mud slide...but nothing after that.

Can someone please give me some advice?

OR.....you can join us at our camp....we have anice barbequer. THANX!!

post-21939-126595388521_thumb.jpg

[Hey buddy! The goal is to get to the bedrock, then clean out all the crevices and depressions. Going "under" the bedrock would mean drilling or blasting into the bedrock, and that is called "lode" mining. - Terry

confused0082[1].gifmad0228[1].gif I just got my first claim about a year ago... Its here in So. Or. Lets just say around the Applegate area.

Its a very shallow creek,with the exception of a few pot holes...made by long ago Chinese. anyways....How do I get under the bedrock??

Thats where the GOLD is most likely hiding right?? Y''ah I find gold...Usually after a big wash out ,or a mud slide...but nothing after that.

Can someone please give me some advice?

OR.....you can join us at our camp....we have anice barbequer. THANX!!

[/quote

Thanks Terry...Yah...like I said its a shallow creek. besides prying up boulders,how do you get to the crevices under the water?

no dredgeing is allowed here?

Whoops....I posted my reply in the upper thing a mu jig? scroll up onerolleyes.gif

Dredging is allowed in Oregon, but you should check all the regulations for your creek pertaining to when it is allowed and what equipment is ok to use.

Thanx Sean....Yah I suppose your right...I have no experience at dredgeing or anything to do with mechaknics..(so to speak)

just a 4 foot sluice,a shovel ,a plastic milk crate,2 pans, and some strainers. Thats my M.O ooh'' and my faithful Metal detector.rolleye0012[1].gif

:yuk-yuk: The absolute first rule a mining is slow down and listen to good old mother nature. You pan and no gold??? The chinese were there first!!! You only find gold after a huge rain/washout/landslide?? Now you have been told the truth through events & common sence--the chinamen were the absolute most hardworking miners ever,they picked up each lousy rock and scrubbed it to haul it away. Needless to say they didn't leave much. Strike one. The creek is telling you the gold is in the banks/highbar/or high bench-LISTEN UP. Just because you want to piddle and a diddle in the crik don't make you a miner. If your SERIOUS get up them banks and start sampling!! Follow the gold to where it originated--then post and the great folks on this forum will stuff your ol'brain with more ideas than the library of congress to harvest your bounty---ifn' there is indeed one. Work smarter and not harder-tons a au 2 u 2 -John :inocent:

Torment59,

Quote:

" ...Yah...like I said its a shallow creek. besides prying up boulders,how do you get to the crevices under the water?

no dredgeing is allowed here?"

It is called crevicing, get yourself a wetsuit if the water is to cold, facemask, a snorkel, some crevicing tools, and start floating and cleaning out the crevices, a turkey baster will help suck/blast out what you can't scrap out.

Skip