Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
frank c

" Ol Yeller "

:idea: Davinci had the Mona Lisa, Orville an Wilber had Flight, Keene and others have Heavy Metal an 2cycle Blowers :hmmmmm:

This is the latest Ol Yeller on its way to Red Bluff CA. Its new owner is taking it to some ancient river channels that are being explored.

Its sometimes amazing what you can build in your garage in between motor blocks, bags of cement, an engine hoist and on an on taking up space.

Well it just goes to show you whats possible if you try.

One day in the near future when I'm caught up on my projects I'm going to post a step by step build it for you people out there that want to

try their hand at making a drywasher at home. I'll do it with a angled gear motor and also with pulleys and a belt drive.

Gotta get "Nellybelle" the Jeep back together first.

SANY0919.jpg

post-562-12657718341_thumb.jpg

frank, that sure is a nice looking dry washer and your craftmanship is outstanding, very, very nice. thanks much for the picture. hope that you keep up the great work. ron

:idea: Davinci had the Mona Lisa, Orville an Wilber had Flight, Keene and others have Heavy Metal an 2cycle Blowers :hmmmmm:

This is the latest Ol Yeller on its way to Red Bluff CA. Its new owner is taking it to some ancient river channels that are being explored.

Its sometimes amazing what you can build in your garage in between motor blocks, bags of cement, an engine hoist and on an on taking up space.

Well it just goes to show you whats possible if you try.

One day in the near future when I'm caught up on my projects I'm going to post a step by step build it for you people out there that want to

try their hand at making a drywasher at home. I'll do it with a angled gear motor and also with pulleys and a belt drive.

Gotta get "Nellybelle" the Jeep back together first.

SANY0919.jpg

Frank,

Absoltely beautiful work :thumbsupanim .....saw the other pic as well, we need to have a chat if your good for it! Click on my signature and send me an email.

Gary

It is a very good machine. Only got to go one time before the wet weather hit but it really got the AU!

Bunk

Hey Frank,

That Old Yeller is so purty, I would hate to put a

bunch of rocks and sand through it!

Well done!

LARGO

Much appreciated comments guys, AND Watch out Phoenix area I just shipped one there today Say goodbye to the gold. :lol:

Hi Frank,

I like the way you have that motor tucked down under out of the way.

I wonder how long that motor will run on a 12 v. motorcycle battery?

Probably long enough to wear me out!

Gary

I have never tried a m/c batt. but was told it should get 4 plus hours.

I use the small 19 dollar garden tractor batts from wallmart they run for days.

Well Frank, I got to see one soon.

A memory just flew past my brain! I did a little dry washing near Randsburg S. Cal. I had a little too much cerveza and I tried to dry wash the socks that had been on my feet for a week. Didn't work very well--came out stiff as caliche but the socks didn't smell nearly as bad.

Bill C

The thing with drywashing, you are not running the machine all day. Where we work, we have to throw a lot of rocks to work up some material to run. Even if you have bank run material, you have to stop and clean up often. We run ours on a real small car battery and it lasts for days.

Bunk

Hi all,

That's good to know, those little windshield washer motors (I guess) shouldn't use too much juice clackety clackin'...

I think their sound is kinda cool, not as obnoxious as a wide open leaf blower...

~LARGO~

Not a windshield wiper motor.

This is a right angle gear motor plenty of torque and at 3.5 amps.

Not a windshield wiper motor.

This is a right angle gear motor plenty of torque and at 3.5 amps.

What is the source for the right angle gear motor you're using, most I've seen are rather expense?

Skip

If I tell you I have to kill you. :hahaha:

And I really like you Skip.

Skip if you saw the motor assemblys I have to purchase and the motor configuration that I use you would see there has been a virtual transformation.

There is a process I have to go through before I can use the motor for my purpose, it is literally "adapted" to my use. This process alone and the additional fabricated parts take some time to accomplish. Its not a fact of just getting your hands on one of these motors and "there ya go", mount it and yer off !!!

They are definately difficult to get and with shipping are fairly costly. But I could provide one to someone that wanted one. I keep a stock of them.

If you needed one P.M. me and I'll give you the details of securing one.

If I tell you I have to kill you. :hahaha:

And I really like you Skip.

Frank,

I fully understand "old family secrets" and having to kill anyone they're told too, as I have a few of my own!!! :rasberry:

I don't really have a use for one at this time, but one could be used for a number of good ideas in prospecting, if I come up with an idea to use one of your motors I'll keep you in mind!! :thumbsupanim

Skip

The motor appears very similar to the one on my Thompsons drywasher, its got two speeds, its quiet and i use a small sealed battery (that fits in my pocket) to run it, i carry three of these batteries, but one seams to last all day and can be fully re-charged on a solar panel, so when i'm using one the others are charging. That was always one of the dislikes about drywashing was carrying around a big battery so i kept trying smaller and smaller ones.post-1755-0-33884100-1296682042_thumb.jp