Nugget Shooter Forums

Feb 26-28, Gold Basin, Logistics, follow-up to azdigger topic

Hi everyone,

I am getting things organized to go to Gold Basin on Feb 26-28. I hope everyone that penciled it in can make it. Should be great, dry weather! Do most of the people going camp out? I am just trying to figure out what to get ready. If I tent it there, I am going to need to get a few things before I leave. I figure someone has a preferred meeting place for the morning of the 26th?

I plan on driving to Franconia the 25th (morning) and spend the day there. Probably stay in Kingman that night or may head on north into Gold Basin for the night.

Snowing hard here today. Can't wait to leave for Phoenix on the 20th.

My email is curtm at evcohs.com Sorry, but figured it was best to leave the @ sign out!

Curt

C'mon Saints.......

Rick and Steve, et. al.

I opted to get a hotel in Kingman. $34 per night at a hotel with decent ratings! I will get in the night of the 24th (Franconia on the 25th) and checkout the 28th (probably begin my trip back to Colorado that day). I thought about camping, but I decided I wanted to be able to leave stuff secure at a hotel while out detecting.

Curt

Rick and Steve, et. al.

I opted to get a hotel in Kingman. $34 per night at a hotel with decent ratings! I will get in the night of the 24th (Franconia on the 25th) and checkout the 28th (probably begin my trip back to Colorado that day). I thought about camping, but I decided I wanted to be able to leave stuff secure at a hotel while out detecting.

Curt

Getting a hotel sounds good to me. I should be in Kingsman on the 24th also. If there is a group getting together, I would like to be included.

I am looking forward to some great hunting.

Thanks,

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Made it to Phoenix! That was not a fun drive from Colorado. Even Flagstaff was snowy! Phoenix is nice (I do not mind some rain). Warm weather is a nice change. I have to teach a class Tuesday and Wednesday in Scottsdale off the 101. I will be leaving Wed afternoon (4:30 pm or so) and heading to Kingman. If the weather is good, I figure about 3 hours travel time. Thursday morning is Franconia probably. I have a few phone numbers and my email address was already posted. I know a couple people are interested, so if you want to connect up, a couple of us are staying at the America's Best Value Inn. I am driving a black Jeep Rubicon pulling a very small trailer. Curt

Looks like rain is a certainty on Sat. 2/27 according to local forecasts. :shrug:

So, my son Jason and I have decided to go Friday and will be arriving about 9:30 - 10:00 am for a full day of meteorite hunting. We will be in a Dark Red Chevrolet Colorado truck.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!