Nugget Shooter Forums

Got nailed this morning.

SGTFDA

The desert is looking pretty good right about now. 24" overnight. Good thing I keep this old truck for this type event. Has that tractor gear box and will crawl anywhere. I was the only one that could get out of the lot. My cars are in a garage under this lot and they will be there for a while. Then the power went off. What next.

post-384-1265506082_thumb.jpg

post-384-126550609822_thumb.jpg

Morning STGFDA....if that "old truck" will handle that kind of snow it'll be great in

the Arizona desert sand....looks like a good prospecting rig....now hurry up and get

the hell out of there and head for God's country....

Don your right except no air conditioning and the road salt over the years did it's damage. Though it only has 75000 on it. I only use it for going where other vehicles won't take me. Right now that's to the store for my wife's putty pads. Yes the ill wind arrived. The worse snow storm in 20 years, power went off, zero temps and the curse arrives. I was ready for any thing nature could throw at me. I have propane heaters, lighting, coolers, military spec sleeping bags, radation pills, you name it. The one thing I forgot, putty pads. So for you survivalist out there make sure you put that on your list. Even if your not attached right now a succubus (female demon) may come along and you will need to be ready. :evil1:

Sounds like my younger days . AIRBORNE Infantry in Alaska . Jump in with minimum stuff and "get 'er done" . Walking on snoeshoes and pulling an Achio (small canoe thingy with all our stuff in it) in temps that never got up to 0 . I must thank Uncle Sam for that experience . I have gotten stuck in places that many would consider "life threatening" but I looked at them as an inconvenience . Just think , soon you will be beeping at 7 AM because the AZ heat gets unbearable at 1 PM . Cold beer beats the hell out of hot chocolate .Good luck .

Geez Sarge ... thought you would have made it out here already. Was looking forward to meeting you this trip ... glad I'm not back in southern NH right now! Even with the rain last night and this morning the rain is better than the snow ... at least in this stage of life! I do miss snowmobiling and ice fishing with my brother in Maine though!

Stay warm ... Mike F

Mike

It will take me months just to box up all my crap. I'm working on it. Took me all day to pack up rods and reels. Wonder what I'll do with my surf and deep water stuff in Arizona.

Nice to see a kindred spirit, Sarge--been through all kinds of the weather you're describing this year. Am I tired of it? Absolutely. Is it beautiful? Yes, and not! It's the world's biggest paradox. Nice your old truck will still get you there and back--that's why I'll never get rid of a 4X4 either.

I'm with you--wish I was in Arizona too. (Rhyme not intentional.)

All the best,

Lanny

Sarge, that's why I left PA and haven't looked back. I may have glanced now and again, but if I want the white stuff, it's only 45 minutes up the hill. And if I want the heat, well, that's mid May thru Oct... :whaaaa: Take care and hope to run into in the desert one day. Jason ;)

Mike

It will take me months just to box up all my crap. I'm working on it. Took me all day to pack up rods and reels. Wonder what I'll do with my surf and deep water stuff in Arizona.

Hell Sarge, lots of AZ is beach-front property just waitin for Calif. to fall into the ocean.

First you retire. Then you get snowed in. To keep harmony in the cabin fever house you kiss the wife's butt all day. Saturday night it's zero degrees and my lips became flash-frozen to her butt. Thank God the power came back on.

OMG! Coffee all over my computer screen :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: - Terry

First you retire. Then you get snowed in. To keep harmony in the cabin fever house you kiss the wife's butt all day. Saturday night it's zero degrees and my lips became flash-frozen to her butt. Thank God the power came back on.

Aloha Sarge,

Dang and I thought I had it rough out here in Vegas where it isnt supposed to snow. BUT we still are getting some pretty cold weather (dont forget I'm from Hawaii) here and a lot of rain. Looking forward to running into you whenever you make it out here to the wild west.

Aloha and keep warm,

Stan aka Kaimi

Hey Sarge,

The people who live here in the Phoenix area that like to fish the surf and blue water, usually drive down to Rocky Point (Puerto Penasco) or Guaymas. Sails, swords, sharks and other fish from charter boats. We used to get sea trout near the estuary while surfcasting for easy breakfast. If you like bonita, mackerel, and yellowtail, San Diego has charter boats also. Just outside the valley, you have Bartlett Lake, Canyon Lake, Apache Lake, and Lake Pleasant for bass, cats, crappies, and pan fish. Your tackle won't go to waste.

Ben

Thanks Ben! A friend who own's a major fly company gave me a new fly rod and a zillion flies last year. I need to work with that.

Stan, You still have the GMT? I'll drop you a line when I get out that way. That is if I ever get out of the snow bank. 8 to 12" tonight on top of the 2' on the ground. I kick myself in the butt. I could have picked up a set of snow shoes last summer for $2 at the flea market. Live and learn.

Hey Sgt, don't let them boys kid ya. I was in Phoenix one February and it snowed on me... Yep, I was suffering real bad, just laying in that motel pool at 9pm, drinking beer and saying "wonder what the weather is like up home in Alaska". The Canadian guy next to me said "ain't winter weather just hell" as he sipped his beer. Of course we both left our wives up north to snowblow and keep the home woodstove going.

Life is good... :cigar:

Thanks Ben! A friend who own's a major fly company gave me a new fly rod and a zillion flies last year. I need to work with that.

Stan, You still have the GMT? I'll drop you a line when I get out that way. That is if I ever get out of the snow bank. 8 to 12" tonight on top of the 2' on the ground. I kick myself in the butt. I could have picked up a set of snow shoes last summer for $2 at the flea market. Live and learn.

Aloha Sarge,

You bet I still have the GMT!!thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Still kicking butt with it as usual. Finding some nice meteorite specimens out at Gold Basin as well as Franconia. We will need to plan an outing once you get out here.

Till then, stay warm and safe.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Hi Sarge,

With a decent flyrod, you want to hit Lee's Ferry. Great trout there but, there's a limit. If you want to go to total trout-city, get a Res fishing permit and camp at Black River. The drawback is that you'll be sharing your catch and your camp with the most skilled blackbears in six states. No, they don't allow white-eyes to have firesticks on the Res. Bring an air-horn (serious).

Ben