Nugget Shooter Forums

Manual Tune

nvchris

Has anyone done comparisons on un dug targets from the low to high manual tune settings.

I was fiddling around with settings trying to get rid of some nasty EMI from a pair of F16's that were overhead. And it seemed that the lower settings made for a sharper/brighter response (on a .5 gramer @ 10")

nvchris

Has anyone done comparisons on un dug targets from the low to high manual tune settings.

I was fiddling around with settings trying to get rid of some nasty EMI from a pair of F16's that were overhead. And it seemed that the lower settings made for a sharper/brighter response (on a .5 gramer @ 10")

nvchris

Wow--nice find for that size at that depth, with that interference--well done!

Lanny

nvchris

Hi Chris, the signal will sound slightly brighter on small gold at the extreme end of the tuning range but it will also make more ground noise as well (in other words anything that sets the detector off will also sound brighter). It is always best policy to stick to trying to find the quietest Tune position then worry about everything else later on. If using a 4500 try increasing the Gain to flat out and also the Motion settings to fastest position then perform the auto tune procedure, the auto tune takes the Gain and Motion settings into consideration (auto tune is post Gain/Motion) when searching for the quietest frequency.

Hope this helps,

JP

Chris glad to see you post this i got a lot of greif from people saying it is not possible to do this,I had witness,s but you know how opinions are, Good taliking to you and i wish you and Wilma the best.

Hey JP nice to see you post hope you are having fun over there Best wishes

Thanks Lanny....... the target was not that faint and stood out from the warble of the EMI because it was a different tone/pitch (then the EMI). I like to run the tone around 55 and the signal at 19 (one of the

tricks from JP's vid's) this makes a metal target really stand out for me no matter how faint.

JP.......... you have a way of making sense out of this like no other......

Hey Denny,

I've fiddled with the tune settings at home before but in N. NV the ground is mild and the airwaves are clean and never noticed much if any change from the tune settings. AZ is very "noisy" comparatively.

I was detecting near a iron rich dike the other day and I swear it was absorbing and emanating EMI

I'd be careful! Wilma is just buttering you up for the next pomegranate harvest..... she said something about going into the jelly/wine biz.

Enjoy Today!

Chris

Thanks Lanny....... the target was not that faint and stood out from the warble of the EMI because it was a different tone/pitch (then the EMI). I like to run the tone around 55 and the signal at 19 (one of the

tricks from JP's vid's) this makes a metal target really stand out for me no matter how faint.

JP.......... you have a way of making sense out of this like no other......

Hey Denny,

I've fiddled with the tune settings at home before but in N. NV the ground is mild and the airwaves are clean and never noticed much if any change from the tune settings. AZ is very "noisy" comparatively.

I was detecting near a iron rich dike the other day and I swear it was absorbing and emanating EMI

I'd be careful! Wilma is just buttering you up for the next pomegranate harvest..... she said something about going into the jelly/wine biz.

Enjoy Today!

Chris

Chris, in the event Wilma decides to pursue such a venture, I'll take a couple of bottles of each... :thumbsupanim

See you guys before long (I hope)

Gary/LARGO

Hi Chris (and Wilma),

I have used the procedure that JP talked about above since the 4000

and have found it to be a great starting point.

I also think Manual Tune plays an important part - after the auto tune

in getting closer to a clean signal.

There have been a number of interesting comments on this subject in the Gold and Coin Forum

in Oz...

Hope you guys are doing well.

I still hope to see you sometime soon but right now I'm off to Colorado Springs

with the girl to another big competition and a week of training at the Olympic

Training Center. Detecting has temporarily taken a back seat to rhythmic gymnastics,

but I'm not complaining, its a wild ride.

Flak

post-920-126564509711_thumb.jpg

G'day Flak, your one VERY dedicated dad and that is one very flexible kid in the picture. :) Manual Tune is the way to go once you hit a clear spot with the auto tune, you only have to move a couple of points to make a difference as well.

JP