Nugget Shooter Forums

Chris--got my book. Fantastic resource!

Lanny in AB

Chris--I can only imagine how long and hard you must have toiled to put together your book. The time alone to gather and simply arrange all of those photos and detailed diagrams--what an undertaking. I'm very impressed with your clear descriptions and your helpful explanations. You've tackled a very wide-ranging topic and inserted enough knowledgeable material to generate curiosity, maintain interest, and enrich understanding. As well, you've inserted valuable, hard-won tips and practical knowledge to help any prospector, regardless of their level of experience. Furthermore, I appreciate your frankness when evaluating certain prospecting devices--it's refreshing to come across someone that willingly tells it like it is so that they can help others, and does it all in an honest, open, caring manner. I'm most certainly impressed with your wonderful book--excellent job.

All the best,

Lanny

Thanks Lanny - I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it. I'm getting a lot of good comments back from the folks who have seen the book.

It did take me nearly 10 years working off and on a little at a time to put it all together. I have had some advice that I should have been a bit more diplomatic in my opinions, but I wanted to be honest, and the only folks I really put down in a serious way are the LRL makers (and they deserve it).

Chris

Thanks Lanny - I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it. I'm getting a lot of good comments back from the folks who have seen the book.

It did take me nearly 10 years working off and on a little at a time to put it all together. I have had some advice that I should have been a bit more diplomatic in my opinions, but I wanted to be honest, and the only folks I really put down in a serious way are the LRL makers (and they deserve it).

Chris

Chris--regardless of what you write, or don't write; regardless of what you wrote, or didn't write; regardless of whether you're trying to be politically correct or shooting straight in order to be honest and help people avoid grief and disappointment, someone is going to find something they don't like--always.

Now, the reason I like your book is because you seem to be a genuine person of knowledge that wanted to talk about prospecting in a way that came across as sincere and based on life experience--not book learning, assumptions or unproven theory. And, the fact that you took parts of ten years of your life to research and compile your book speaks volumes as to your level of dedication to enhance the prospecting experiences of greenhorns and cheechakos alike!

By the way, I'm not sure you're putting anyone or any business down if you're only offering your opinion--I mean, after all, isn't that what an opinion is? It's your view/position/take on something, right? So, I'm glad to chime in with so many others to congratulate you on your fine, long overdue book (a book like it has been needed for a long time). :thumbsupanim

All the best,

Lanny