Nugget Shooter Forums

Small impact mill

David,

How does one extract your message from YAHOO. I used to have an account with them, however when I clicked the link you provided, I was directed to a link that suggested, I subscribe to a listing that, implied I would receive your message. So far now, it has cost me $19.00+, to hopefully receive your message, which I haven't received, as yet.

I may be INTERNET illiterate as are most older people that sign on these days. But why would you, or anyone else that communicate regularly with net mail, that is a hustle for commercial internet intrest's,ie, Yahoo.

A mining engineer friend of mine,Bart Hanford made part of this for me and had the rest fabricated...1/2 horsepower washing machine motor with muffler clamp welded to hold motor in place..#40 chain to pulverize the rock...4 7/16ths bolts to hold the face plate.Diagonal feed shoot.We didn't add a hole or throat for a vacuum pickup.Will open up the plate and vacuum all with that buckethead vacuum thingy/or put the vacuum nozzle in the feed shoot as it's running.If one has the tools and access to steel scrap tanks and other steel it can be made for less than $200.Haven't used it as yet but Bart and Robert Schmauder ran some good ore through and turned it all to powder.

Au,a friend took the pics.The chain should last a very long time,and is sold in ten foot lengths I believe.Will try and get you specs and how the chain is attached when I see my friend.Scrap steel goes for about $1 a pound or so? and any scrap metal yard may have chain also....Dave.

Dave,

That is perfect for the final crush. Do you have to run the material more than once to get it to powder? Have you screened it to see what mesh it goes down to? It sure looks a lot like the pulverizer that Action Mining sells, but much better on the wallet being home made. I would like to make one also. I'll send you a PM. Thanks for sharing all the info. I am glad I saw this post because I was out of town for over a week. Take care.

Matt

Matt,I don't know the mesh,My friends that had a direct hand in the build ran some higrade rock through it and it's fine powder as they left some at the bottom of the unit.Haven't even run it myself as I'm waiting for a stretch of good weather.They just ran it once.....Dave.