Nugget Shooter Forums

Rye Patch Update

Fritz

Mornin' here is latest active mining claim map from BLM for Rye Patch at Majuba Mtns.

Not much change except placer claim (320 ac) in southern 1/2 section 8 and lode claim (320ac) in west half of section 29.

Any road reports... I assume Poker Brown is still bad. How about from old dump road on the north??? Have the rains damage the east road???

BLM Active Claim Map 2010 Majuba Placers Topo.pdf

Mornin' here is latest active mining claim map from BLM for Rye Patch at Majuba Mtns.

Not much change except placer claim (320 ac) in southern 1/2 section 8 and lode claim (320ac) in west half of section 29.

Any road reports... I assume Poker Brown is still bad. How about from old dump road on the north??? Have the rains damage the east road???

I heard from Pegleg John/Crystal John, who hangs out on the RP placers(You'll meet him, if he survives the winter) that the Poker Brown road had been regraded somewhat last summer, to what extent, ??

I will be out there sometime, depending on how the weather plays out, mid Mar-or April 1, hope to give it a go again, or so. DK GREEN newer F150/white cargo trailer...As far as the other roads go, I have no idea...maybe someone else will chime in.

~LARGO~

Thanks Largo, Suzy and I'll be outside last two weeks of March and all April. Driving 1ton Chevy with 10' Alaskan camper with Ranch-hand brush guard, and Alaska plates. Not sure when we'll get to NV placers, but hope to spend a week there. It needs to blend with visiting grandkid at Nooksack, getting some camper work done, hitting Salem OR gold show, visiting my CPA (darn taxes) Lakeview, eye doctor visit at Burns, and now Suzy's talking about buying a tree farm on OR coast to retire too. Life is good but full of wandering around doing stuff. I guess ya only live once, so better hit the road now and get wandering.

Funny I was just thinkin' that we might skip the usual sec 19/17 rehash and prospect some new ground in sec 7/29. I'm always looking (wandering) over the next hill. Been that way since I was a kid. Day after graduating HS I had my knapsack and a sign "Wyoming" (never been there, just had to see it).

Keep smiling... :cigar:

Thanks Largo, Suzy and I'll be outside last two weeks of March and all April. Driving 1ton Chevy with 10' Alaskan camper with Ranch-hand brush guard, and Alaska plates. Not sure when we'll get to NV placers, but hope to spend a week there. It needs to blend with visiting grandkid at Nooksack, getting some camper work done, hitting Salem OR gold show, visiting my CPA (darn taxes) Lakeview, eye doctor visit at Burns, and now Suzy's talking about buying a tree farm on OR coast to retire too. Life is good but full of wandering around doing stuff. I guess ya only live once, so better hit the road now and get wandering.

Funny I was just thinkin' that we might skip the usual sec 19/17 rehash and prospect some new ground in sec 7/29. I'm always looking (wandering) over the next hill. Been that way since I was a kid. Day after graduating HS I had my knapsack and a sign "Wyoming" (never been there, just had to see it).

Keep smiling... :cigar:

I like to wander the outback as well, was questioned why I do that, and not hit the known well hit areas, dumping a pill bottle full of nuggets out, I said, here's why...

Tree farm? Sounds like a lot of work! I worked on a cattle ranch years back, at Paisley, Ore. not far from Lakeview, hard work, low pay, but made great memories..The Oregon coast is really nice, I miss that area...

Take care, maybe see you guys out there somewhere!

Gary/Largo

Hi Largo, small world... Paisley. What a hoot. I helped seed grass at Paisley rifle range back in 80s. I was a range rider working BLM for a few years and worked ZX range allotments and all that Christmas Valley/Ft Rock high desert country. Even helped ride the Alkali Lake/Hogback Butte area. Worked wild horses at Beatty Butte and those MC allotments. I liked that Plush store and 'ole Jeff at Valley Falls. Ahhhh that was the life... memories... Thx... :cigar:

Fritz,

I worked at the XL ranch outside of Paisley for Red Withers. His sons, Pepper and Pete were just tiny tots back then, had to tie em onto the saddle so they wouldn't fall off. Got involved in a forest fire fight at night, above the ranch, just about bought it that time, I needed to make a run for it, ran uphill to a roadcut and safety. Had I ran downhill in the dark, I would have gone off a cliff in my haste, since it was unfamiliar country.

Dang, I am surprised I pulled out Red's name, after so many years...that was back in '62...

I expect Pepper and Pete have grown some since!

More news at 5...

Gary