Nugget Shooter Forums

YIPPEE ... I arrived in AZ

Mike Furness

I made my 3 1/2 day trip to AZ in just 3 days ... arrived last night ... yesterday was 18 hours and 1100 miles to get here but I am here. Total for the trip was 2808 miles. The only eventful activity was from Oklahoma City, OK to Amarillo TX. Snow fog and 45 - 50 mph the whole way that should have been 70-75 mph legally ... I tend to have a lead foot! So snow fog, a little freezing drizzle and 27 degree temperature made driving treacherous ... those folks just don't know how to plow snow either.

Anyway I am here in Congress AZ ... anyone who wants a prospecting buddy during February just PM me or email me at : m.furness@comcast.com ... I'd say call me ... you can try the cell phone 603-770-7208 but I get spotty reception with Verizon her at the motel.

Now I have to finish unpacking ... set up my detector and go out and find me a birthday nugget.

Hope to hunt with some of you ... later ... Mike F

Happy B-day mike. Welcome to AZ.

If you get tired of nuggethunting down congress way and want to spend a day or so up in North West Az. looking for meteorites at Gold Basin or Franconia e-mail me and if I can get away I'll show you around these parts. Have fun and find something you can post. :thumbsupanim

Happy Birthday, Mike. My prospecting buddy spends his winters in Arizona detecting, and he found a beautiful nugget on his birthday--a quartz and gold specimen--all gold on one end, and it was big. What a birthday he had. All the best to you on your hunts--get a good one for your birthday.

From one road warrior to another, all the best,

Lanny

Welcome to AZ and have a good birthday. Will try to get over and see you sometime, I am still working for a living so it will be on a weekend.

Good luck

More Au to you, Robert

By the way Mike--incredibly envious that you're there--wish it was in the plans for this winter, but maybe another time--it would be great to meet sometime to swap some gold yarns and chase a little gold.

All the best--hope you stub your toe on a big one!

Lanny

What can I say ... Thanks guys for the kind words and well wishes. I hope there will be a time when I can meet all of you ... well maybe not all at once I am lousy with names and get worse with age :inocent: ... and hunt the yellow metal with you!

Mike F