Nugget Shooter Forums

Bushnell GPS....

garimpo

Has anybody tried....tested or used the Bushnell GPS ONIX 400...yes it is the rifle scope

company...they have several GPS in their line-up...the 400 has a few new features like

you can download maps from Bushnell...get the weather for your area and it has a radio

link...I call the company and they said it's been out for a couple of years and the SMRP

is over $500.00...eBay has several for $109.99 all the way up to 300.00 or 400.00...

I looked into it and the general opinion is the DeLorme PN 20 or 40 is a better unit. That's what I went with and was not sorry. With the Delorme you have the advantage of their map programs. I have the pin 20 and it has not let me down!

Frank the mapping features are totally worthless to me down here in Brazil..I would like to

have the weather features but again I don't think that would work here..I asked the guy at

Bushnell why eBay had them so cheap and he said a company in the past had bought several

1,000's of that model(their top of the line)and now people are unloading them cheap..yesterday

I started the bid on one at $75.00 and ended up getting it for $90.00...can't beat that

kind of deal...are you offically civilian now??

DeLorme may be coming up with maps for So. America........

Guys I have had about 8 GPS units and flew aircraft with many thousands of dollars worth of GPS equipment. Helped people with thier

GPS units from other companies and have found for the buck spent and the maps and acc. they offer the 60csx and Vistacsx units from Garmin are the best. Easy to operate and they take the abuse. Stay away from the units that operate with the touch screen. Good luck

Guys I have had about 8 GPS units and flew aircraft with many thousands of dollars worth of GPS equipment. Helped people with thier

GPS units from other companies and have found for the buck spent and the maps and acc. they offer the 60csx and Vistacsx units from Garmin are the best. Easy to operate and they take the abuse. Stay away from the units that operate with the touch screen. Good luck

Thanks for the tip Flyr. Garimpo--where exactly in Brazil are you?

All the best,

Lanny

Don

At the end of the month. I had 6 weeks vacation to use up. Though you could say I'm done. Couple criminal court cases but that's about done last week. :rasberry:

Terry

I'm done here in August to allow time to find a house in AZ. Not sure if I sould rent or buy now. I suspect housing will go down more but you never know. I'm glad I held off buying a place out there.

Don, the best GPS unit is one that tells you where you are and does not fail on you when you are in the sticks all twisted about with your truck stuck in the mud. :ph34r2:

Folks the reason I've been asking about a GPS is when I went a couple of weeks ago to help

a friend find the Lat/Long to some ranches and my GPS wouldn't work...after driving 70 miles

to get there...returned to the house and started playing with the Cobra 1000 GPS...it's

always done a good job for me and I couldn't figure out why it wasn't locking onto satellites..

one of the screens I've never seen before said "reset"...I pressed it and everything went

back to normal...who would have guessed a GPS would have a "restart" button...so then I

went to eBay to see what was being sold...found 3 or 4 of my Cobra 1000's...now instead of

paying the $300.00-$400.00 like five years ago they are selling "new in the box" ones for...

now get this...$90.00 bucks....while shopping I read about the Bushnell ONIX 400...man what

some new stuff that's out there now...it's supposed to sell for over $500.00 but a company

bought several thousand's of them and now their dumping them for $100.00 and up..I bought one

of those also....something to play with...maybe the accessories for it will have a winch

for pulling out stuck PU's....Thanks Dolan Dave but the last time I tried to get Brazilian

topo's here was from the Brazilian Army...this was ten years ago...they control all the stuff

like that and they darn near put me in jail just for asking...spent half a day answering their

stupid questions...from their questions it sounded like they thought I was going to start the

next revolution....