Nugget Shooter Forums

Prescot NF

cp90macs

:aw-shucks: I heard people are getting cited/fined for driving on the back roads? Too muddy after the recents storms. Wanted to get out in the Bradshaws this coming weekend... Poland Jct,Mayers, Wolf Creek area. Anybody with info's. RRPC menber.

Thank you, More Au to you :spinnin: :thumbsupanim

Robert

I sent a email to the Prescott National Forest office about road access and I got this timely response today.

From: "Nina L Lessard" <nllessard@fs.fed.us>Add sender to ContactsTo: Cp90macs@yahoo.com

Robert,

I checked with some the men who are frequently in the field for an updated report. I have been told that at this time the higher elevations have anywhere from

3 - 5 feet of snow making any road impassable. The lower elevation road conditions are bad as well due to the rain and melting snow. I have been told that it is recommended that the roads not be used unless absolutely necessary.

Thank you,

Nina L. Lessard

Prescott National Forest

344 South Cortez Street

Prescott, AZ 86303

928-443-8000

"It is easy to be brave from a distance."

Lakota saying

----- Forwarded by Nina L Lessard/R3/USDAFS on 01/27/2010 01:49 PM -----

Debbie Maneely/R3/USDAFS

01/27/2010 07:54 AM

To Nina L Lessard/R3/USDAFS@FSNOTES

cc

Subject Fw: Prescott National Forest access

Debbie Maneely

Public Affairs, Prescott National Forest

dmaneely@fs.fed.us

(928) 443-8130

----- Forwarded by Debbie Maneely/R3/USDAFS on 01/27/2010 07:54 AM -----

"Mayo, Robert" <Robert.Mayo@Honeywell.com>

01/26/2010 05:48 PM

To <dmaneely@fs.fed.us>

cc

Subject Prescott National Forest access

Hello Debbie,

I could not find on the web site if there was any road restrictions in the forest due to last week storms. Is there any restriction for the Bradshaw Mtn’s going in from Prescott, or Mayer?

Thank you,

Robert B Mayo

Cp90macs@yahoo.com

Concerned member’s of the Road Runner Prospecting Club.

:aw-shucks: I heard people are getting cited/fined for driving on the back roads? Too muddy after the recents storms. Wanted to get out in the Bradshaws this coming weekend... Poland Jct,Mayers, Wolf Creek area. Anybody with info's. RRPC menber.

Thank you, More Au to you :spinnin: :thumbsupanim

Robert

The FS road out of Mayer is barricaded and closed at the boundry line. Many Javelina hunters are going around it but I think they may get ticketed if caught. Remember, it's no longer our forest and they need funding so my guess is they will be happy to write coupons for going around the closures.

Per the email and a phone conversation I had with a ranger from the Prescott NF office, "Travel was NOT recomended". If it was a emergency or you were checking on property... gray area! The status might have changed at any time since the email was sent or having the phone conversation. I would not push my luck by driving around a baricade. Remenber, Arizona does have a stupid motorist law! As distasteful as it may be... let set a good example and play by the rules and be responsible.

More Au to you,

BE SAFE OUT THERE!

Robert