Nugget Shooter Forums

sahara meteorites

hi,i got back from my last hunting journey from north africa sahara it was very nice trip ,beautiful weather,beautiful places and happy hunting too,i found some meteorites i would like to share some photos of my last hunt with you guys please dont forget to post a commenemt ,enjoy.

post-22578-126399017058_thumb.jpg

post-22578-12639901893_thumb.jpg

post-22578-126399020612_thumb.jpg

post-22578-126399024704_thumb.jpg

Jafar, Man it looks great there. I am envious. I hear that in some places rock is derived from what was once light colored clay from lake beds, or such, and it makes meteorites stand out and hunting easier. Congratulations on the finds!!! Now I need to find my passport, dig out my credit card, and due a Orbitz trips. Nice photos!!! See Ya, Clifton

Hello Jafar,

Those are some very nice-looking meteorites! How much do they weigh? Do they have a real strong pull to a magnet like an H chondrite, or a soft pull, like an L chondrite? Thanks for posting photos.

Good Hunting, Ben

Jafar,

For a new meteorite hunter it sure looks like you are doing extremely well!! Congrats on your nice Sahara meteorites! Great pictures too! Good luck on your future adventures. Keep us posted on your hunts.

Dean

Hello Jafar,

Those are some very nice-looking meteorites! How much do they weigh? Do they have a real strong pull to a magnet like an H chondrite, or a soft pull, like an L chondrite? Thanks for posting photos.

Good Hunting, Ben

hi, thanks for your commement the first photo meteorites one is 23 grams ,second one 18 grams, photo 3 single one 27 grams the fourth photo is 67 grams they attract medium strong to the magnet,from the first look they look chondrite they are under classification let see.i hope to go for another journey soon must be planty sky stones to pick up , i have been informed every week from there of new impact lightes mum mum .