Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

azdigger

OUTING THOUGHT

Hey, has anyone given any thought to having a late Feb or early March gathering at Gold Basin........

Would be nice to get together with friends old and new..........

I will be heading up there Feb 25-27. If anyone else is planning to, it would be great to hook up. Curt

If you guys put it together and I am free at the time I'm # 4. I hope the weather is half way decent I'm runnin out of firewood for campfires.

I know others may be looking at their calendars and thinking that "Yea, that is a perfect time to go but I am not sure if I can get away". The skies are blue, the nights cool, the days warm and meteorites just laying there waiting for the Early Spring Run. As I indicated in an earlier post, I have to get out of the snow. My wife keeps watching "The Shining" over and over. Not sure what that means. For me Feb 25-27 are locked in (have business in Scottsdale 23-24). It would be great to get people there for an outing. I would really enjoy meeting everyone.

obviously I have heard of gold basin ... just don't know where it is :stupidrb: ... what's it near?

Still have a lot to learn about where things are other than the Yarnell to Morristown corridor! Heck ... I just found where Quartzsite is last night because a friend is moving down that way! And I have been coming to Az for 5 years ... I think I have to get out more ... do a little exploring! Ya think?

Mike F

Mike, GB is about 40 miles north or west of Kingman just off Pierce Ferry Hiway on gregs hideout road...you should go just for sh&%s and giggles...

maybe, i will be there; if I ever get my 3500 back...BTW WsPa is having a Gold basin Outing in March...I don't know if Bill will have his annual Outing at the same time...darn, I miss Mr Southern and assorted knarly friends...dude

fred

Why don,t we set the dates as 26th-28th and go from there.

Sounds like a good deal for me.

Thanks Fred. Now that you tell me where I remember someone once telling me where it was because we were going to go there ... never made it that day as it rained as I recall, so I forgot ... the benefits of being over 60! :rolleyes: I can remember what I want or need to and ask about the rest! :thumbsupanim

Mike F

26-28th Sounds great to me. If everyone gets there on the 26th, that will give me the 25th to look around Franconia.

Thanks for getting this to happen, azdigger.

Curt

I'm penciling myself in . I have nothing better to do so it looks really good .

HEY TOMMY, I'm glad you finally found something productive to do with your pencil. :ROFL: I think I'm goin stir crazy indoors from the rain :yikes:

Sounds good!!!!

Aloha Rick,

As usual, you can count me in on this one. I have marked the dates on my calendar.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

I'll come if I'm free. I thought I'd be going to Holbrook, Franconia & GB next week, but the group fell apart. I think there's a lot of snow too (maybe not at Franconia?). I'll be sticking around here instead and try to find something at Benson.

Happy hunting,

Mark

I plan to be in Kingsman that weekend and would love be included in the hunt. Let me know where everyone is meeting

Thanks,

Steve

Does anyone have the GPS coords for where we meet at Gold Basin...can't find mine.

Heck , I can't find my GPS now....

I will be there on Sat.

Aloha,

I am sure that Jason will eventually post the coords for the gpaa camp site. I also cannot find my gps since my move a month ago. Going to have to tear into my storage unit to find it and some other items as well.

Aloha and see ya,

Stan aka Kaimi

Hey Stan, you got to look for my new truck, not driving the blue one anymore.

I have a white Avalanche now, I should be out ther early Sat morning, can't stay over but I will get to hunt some.

I would like to meet you guys out there Saturday a.m. Let me know where I can find you. I have never been to GB. I am looking forward to hunting a new strewn field. :thumbsupanim

:hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :stupidrb: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

You guys are a sorry lot.

You buy these high tech locating devices and then you can't locate them :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

JIM BONES IF you'RE STILL PLANNIN ON GOIN OUT THERE LEAVE YOUR DETECTOR AT HOME !!!!

The size meteorites YOU FIND you don't need the detector.

Here's a pic.

Just kiddin ya, hope to see ya an you're wellcome to stop by the garage on the trip.

post-562-126653037629_thumb.jpg

SOME ONE PLEASE POST GPS coords....cant find mine still.

I am so looking forward to this outing....

See everyone there.

Hey Rick we usually park here.

N 35 52 50

W 114 13 55

or another way

N 35 52.833

W 114 13.917

And the WSPA will be there March 26 thru 29, the last weekend in March.

Aloha,

Well work beckons me again and I wont be ble to make it out there till Sunday morning for one full day of hunting. Well, at least I am getting some overtime plus one good day of hunting.

See you guys out there sunday for all the serious hunters still out there trying for "one last meteorite".

Aloha and be safe,

Stan aka Ka'imi