Nugget Shooter Forums

Free Garmin Gold Basin Topo Map

Here is an updated garmin topo map of the gold basin/ king tut area. I placed a few locations of the strewn meteorite field that came from the University of Arizona, so I hope Im not stepping on anyones secret locations :*&$*(:

Also more dirt roads added, and BLM land area's updated, let me know if you would like to see anything added

like the gps location of your secret patch :thumbsupanim

P.S. this map is only for garmin gps, and using mapsource to download to your gps or sd memory card.

Dave.

here to download.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SCR81R6I

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in Franconia garmin topo on 1:24k resolution? I could overlay Jim's meteorite strewn field map on it. If there seems like a lot of demand for it, I could make it, and place the link here for download. But it could also piss some people off :angry: , I just want to be sure it doesnt. :rolleyes: Dave

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in Franconia garmin topo on 1:24k resolution? I could overlay Jim's meteorite strewn field map on it. If there seems like a lot of demand for it, I could make it, and place the link here for download. But it could also piss some people off :angry: , I just want to be sure it doesnt. :rolleyes: Dave

Dave I would like to see the shortcut over too gold basin from whitehills road.

I had someone take me across that way one time but did not have my GPS on, it gets old driving around the long way from Vegas.

Rick

Rick, I'll second that motion!!!! I went that way once too, but know it takes probably about the same time due to the ruts and the condition of the road.. Jason ;)

Dave,

thanks for the download! I would also like to see a link for Franconia. Thanks again Dave.

Dean

Hi Rick, Ok I could add the white hills route, I have taken that route a few times also, like JayRay says due to road conditions I would rather take the smooth route around, less bumps on the vehicle. I have got no objections to the Franconia map, I could start on it, it would probably take a few weeks to complete a lot of detail to put on the 24k maps. I will let everyone know when its done. Also the download site keeps kicking my download off their website, so if anyone would like the gold basin/ king tut area topo map for garmin, let me know, message me with your email address and I will send. Also I have received a few emails asking if these are copy's of garmins maps. They are not, if anyone is interested, I could also email how I make these maps, and could provide receipts of the software to make these maps commercially. Thanks Dave.

• 2 weeks later...

That sounds great Dave, I would like to see how the maps are made. In the meantime, I've downloaded the GB map and will try to figure out hot to put it in my machine... ;-)

• 2 years later...

Dave,

It was nice to meet you in Holbrook. Next trip I am going to walk with someone to get my eyes trained for meteorites. I'm a beach comber!

I tried to download your map you had placed here but megaload has been shut down. Can you send me a link for any map sites, Garmins or other specific areas?

Mitchel

Here is an updated garmin topo map of the gold basin/ king tut area. I placed a few locations of the strewn meteorite field that came from the University of Arizona, so I hope Im not stepping on anyones secret locations :*&$*(:

Also more dirt roads added, and BLM land area's updated, let me know if you would like to see anything added

like the gps location of your secret patch :thumbsupanim

P.S. this map is only for garmin gps, and using mapsource to download to your gps or sd memory card.

Dave.

here to download.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SCR81R6I

Freaking AWESOME. Thanks Dave!!! :wubu:

Hi DolanDave,

I'm a new member and unfamiliar with the site, but I tried the download, but keep getting the shutdown notice. Is there an alternate site I can visit? Thanks

The file sharing site Megaupload has been seized by the gobermint :arrowheadsmiley: I custom make these maps for the garmin GPS, so I am not infringing on anyone. Saginaw72, I Pm'd you. I can send you or anyone else who would like it via email, PM me your email address and I will send.

Mitchel,

Nice to meet you at Holbrook. Next time you get out this way, let me know. Also PM me your email address, I could send a garmin map to you.

Dave.

The file sharing site Megaupload has been seized by the gobermint :arrowheadsmiley: I custom make these maps for the garmin GPS, so I am not infringing on anyone. Saginaw72, I Pm'd you. I can send you or anyone else who would like it via email, PM me your address and I will send.

Mitchel,

Nice to meet you at Holbrook. Next time you get out this way, let me know. Also PM me your email address, I could send a garmin map to you.

Dave.

Dave, I can host that file for you if you like.

Jim

Jim, you should have the Franconia one I believe. You can host both Franconia, and Gold Basin if you like, I will email you the gold basin in a zip format.

Dave

Thanks Dave that's real nice of you to do all that work.

If you need a mirror site we would be glad to provide the bandwidth for you. :D

• 10 months later...

Dave,

Tried to PM you, but it wasn't accepted. Would appreciate receiving the maps by email. kjfarris@golfsculptures.com

Thanks, Karl Farris